Author Topic: A Statement about TVWP: Read before posting a question  (Read 6666 times)

A Statement about TVWP: Read before posting a question
This project is nothing like the FS Ref Bible so don't come in and talk about it like it is, or inject what dosen't match up with it. If you whan't a true Tarren Vasudan War then I offer my self to lead that project.

My E-mail: [email protected]

I am in noway saying that I dislike this project, but the team here is makeing it for some old fashin no shield fun and don't can em for that. This project is a great undertakeing, and I love what they have dune to fill in the gaps in some of the FS history like adding in the Unifaction war which I will Download when it's reddy, the last thing I would like to say is that the staff must  finnish it! and never give up on it. GOOD LUCK TO THE TVWP AND STAFF!:yes:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2003, 03:16:00 pm by 194 »
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
A Statement about TVWP: Staff must read
I think, after rereading StarGunner's post a few times, that he was actually making a statement in favor of the TVWP, as a pre-emptive strike against anyone who would disparage it.

Thanks for your support, StarGunner. :yes:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2003, 04:57:17 pm by 561 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Okay, let's not start a flame war here.  I've deleted the inappropriate comments, leaving my take on what I believe to be StarGunner's original opinion.  As discussed midway through this thread and elsewhere, just because StarGunner's syntax is a little weird doesn't exclude him from the community.  Be nice. :)

Offline Solatar

thank you Goober.

I don't care about his grammer...I was laughing at him waltzing in here and asking to lead the project while telling us that our stuff is wrong...

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by Goober5000
Okay, let's not start a flame war here.  I've deleted the inappropriate comments, leaving my take on what I believe to be StarGunner's original opinion.  As discussed midway through this thread and elsewhere, just because StarGunner's syntax is a little weird doesn't exclude him from the community.  Be nice. :)

You're robbing him of potentially useful information when you deleted my post where I stressed how the Terrans and Vasudans did not have shields before they encountered the Shivans. Therefore, there should not be shields in the T-V War mod.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
We know that, and I'm pretty sure he knows that.  Read his post more carefully, and think about what he meant.

Originally posted by StarGunner
I am in noway saying that I dislike this project, but the team here is makeing it for some old fashin no shield fun and don't can em for that.

The word "but" makes it confusing; he shouldn't have used that word.  Here is what I think he meant.

I am in no way saying that I dislike this project.  The team is creating some good old-fashioned no-shields fun; don't brush them off because of that.

He was cheering us on, so to speak. :)

I was not saying I would like to lead this project! I was saying that they should be more respectfull to the staff and not barge on in and start going on a "rampage"just when they here theres sheilds or wepons of mass distruction in it. I was showing them and you support by telling them if they whan't a true to the game mod they should look elswhere, and that the staff here is making it for fun.
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Why should they look elsewhere if they want a true-to-game mod?  We are having fun, yes, but we are also trying to make our campaign as true-to-game as we can. :)

We are not including shields or weapons of mass destruction, FYI.

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
Oh, and a little lesson in the english language.

It's want, it's not whan't. It was just bothering me, that's all.

Originally posted by DragonClaw
Oh, and a little lesson in the english language.

It's want, it's not whan't. It was just bothering me, that's all.

Thanks that was starting to bug me too. anyway do you know how to pout up a poll? I was going to post one here to see how many people are intrested in this project. Mabe I should let you do it but ah what the hay you know what to do I'll just shutup.:p

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Pst!....
/whispers/
Check the faq!
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Originally posted by Flaser
Pst!....
/whispers/
Check the faq!

Wheres the AFQ at?

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
All in favor of this project: Raise your hands!

*raises 3 hands*
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Wheres the AFQ at?

http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/forums/misc.php?s=&action=faq

Originally posted by Raa Tor'h

*raises 3 hands*

:D

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...

If you whan't a true Tarren Vasudan War then I offer my self to lead that project.

HAHAHAHAHA

oh **** Hades, he's trying to take you out :D :D :D :D :D

no but seriously, someone with an extensive knowledge of the time period we're working with, and is offering to lend a hand, i say ask him if he'd be willing to work for us: )
« Last Edit: July 10, 2003, 11:13:24 pm by 594 »

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...

*raises 3 hands*

what project?
sorry, but with all the editing and deleting of posts here i can't see what's going on other than someone coming in saying he should be the rightful leader of the campaign, and everyone discussing it
« Last Edit: July 10, 2003, 11:13:03 pm by 594 »

Offline Solatar

Originally posted by Stealth

HAHAHAHAHA

oh **** Hades, he's trying to take you out :D :D :D :D :D

no but seriously, someone with an extensive knowledge of the time period we're working with, and is offering to lend a hand, i say ask him if he'd be willing to work for us: )

We don't need an expert on the time period...I mean...Eishtmo is working for us, and I think he WROTE most of the stuff we're using, so there's no better person than him.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
when did he (Stargunner) become an expert on Pre-FS1 History? :wtf:
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Solatar

I dunno....:doubt:

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards

I was going to post one here to see how many people are intrested in this project.  

*raises 3 hands*
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist