General FreeSpace > FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support

What do you mean i can't run the game!?

(1/11) > >>

Ryan:
I'm waiting for freespace 2 to install. it and the graphics/sound stuff from an installer i found on the site. after it was finished, i learn my video card doesen't have the freespace 2 stuff....

So, can anybody please tell me what to do to make the game run?  :confused:

I really like this game, its fun, i played it beforfe, these improvments to the graphics sound fun, my sytstem is:

Windows XP
2.08 ghz
448mb Ram
64mb video card

Thanks for any help, and

DEATH TO THE SHIVANS!!!!!

Polpolion:

--- Quote ---i learn my video card doesen't have the freespace 2 stuff....
--- End quote ---

:wtf: Would you mind specifying what Freespace 2 "stuff"?

And you could stand to have some more RAM. But that shouldn't be the cause of whatever your problem is.

Ryan:

--- Quote from: thesizzler on June 06, 2007, 07:25:17 pm ---
--- Quote ---i learn my video card doesen't have the freespace 2 stuff....
--- End quote ---

:wtf: Would you mind specifying what Freespace 2 "stuff"?

And you could stand to have some more RAM. But that shouldn't be the cause of whatever your problem is.

--- End quote ---

It says i need 3d Software to run it. That the video card does not have.

Do you know where i can dl the retail version if i can't run this?

Polpolion:
Do you have OpenGL? I think you need it. What graphics card do you have?

BTW, retail is required to run FSO. There are DL links here : http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,38195.0.html

Ryan:

--- Quote from: thesizzler on June 06, 2007, 07:33:55 pm ---Do you have OpenGL? I think you need it. What graphics card do you have?

BTW, retail is required to run FSO. There are DL links here : http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,38195.0.html

--- End quote ---

This is going to sound stupd but i don't know how to find out.

And wiki says free space 2 is 250mb thing. the download i saw was 3 times that for 1 disk. s the hades one the retail normal one? i think the thing that i dl'ed incuded the game. but i can't run it with the extra specs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version