General FreeSpace > FreeSpace Discussion

Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging

<< < (130/163) > >>

herkie423:
I see everyone is still getting the John Richter hype. Ha ha. Well, it's Lt. Commander Courtney Aguilar now. The Protagonist of AFR 2.

CT27:
I'm glad you're enjoying AF2 (aka TBG) so far RMJ.

A couple technical points:
-I heard there was a problem hitting the Osiris bombers.  From what I could see you were playing on FSO 22.0; I had the same problem with Osiris bombers on that version too.  When I switched to the newest official version of FSO (FSO 22.2), the problem went away and Osiris bombers were able to be destroyed normally.  Do you think you could switch to FSO 22.2, or do you want to stay on this path?

-Reminders:  The weak points of Anubis class cruisers are either the reactor subsystem (destroys them) or weapons subsystem (I usually go for reactors but Herkie says destroying weapons will disarm Anubis cruisers). 
The weak point of Hathor corvettes is the weapons subsystem (disarms them).

redmagejoe:
I was simply using what the mod called for without any modifications. If it runs better on 22.2, then that should probably be added to the mod default. I guess I can go manually change the JSON.

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot I could use FSO Settings for a mod in Knossos and manually change what version it uses. Did that, and ready to go for next week, so hopefully the Osiris won't be OP.

CT27:
Sorry, I'm not 100% familiar with how Knossos works and I thought the FSO build could be changed more simply (I use wxLauncher right now).

Anyways, here's some general plot info some people may have wondered about based on the chat I saw in the video.

-John Richter as of the beginning of TBG is the CO of the GTD Petrarch.  Admiral Petrarch survived AFR (he wanted to go lead the Aquitaine's suicide mission at the end of AFR, but GTVA Command forbade it).  Petrarch passed away of natural causes between AFR and TBG.

-The Horus and Serapis fighters aren't the FS2 versions, they're technically a mk2 variant the Vasudans developed (one might argue they should still have lesser health than they do, but there's at least somewhat of an explanation for why they have a lot more health than in FS2).

NickM:

--- Quote from: herkie423 on January 30, 2023, 08:16:40 am ---I see everyone is still getting the John Richter hype. Ha ha. Well, it's Lt. Commander Courtney Aguilar now. The Protagonist of AFR 2.

--- End quote ---

Courtney Aguilar? She Spanish?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version