Author Topic: Playing IL2 with KB & Mouse?  (Read 1888 times)

Offline ME$$ENGER

• The Yellow Peril
Playing IL2 with KB & Mouse?
I've been hearing nothing but praise for this game (for three years no less) and I'm really itchy to try it out. Only problem: no joystick.  :mad:

So, is there anyone that flies a sturmovik with keyboard & mouse (not in real life of course)? I know it is an option in game, but is it possible to achieve similiar efficiency like a player with a joystick? I can live without the luxury of complex maneuvers and instinctive controls just to be able to play the game.  :p

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Re: Playing IL2 with KB & Mouse?
You basically can't. The keyboard isn't precise enough, there's no way you can fly competitively with just that. (Sorry)

Offline ME$$ENGER

• The Yellow Peril
After one week of crashing and burning (should've listened to your advice), I went out and bought a Saitek Cyborg Evo. Now I'm happily blasting away with my trusty BF109 E-4 and its dual cannons.  :p

Okay, maybe not so trusty as that #$%! liquid cooled engine has a tendency of failing when damaged. :( Haven't had so much fun since FS2 Open though.  :yes:

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Pacific Fighters is better. although you don't get to fly the jets.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline ME$$ENGER

• The Yellow Peril
Pacific Fighters is better. although you don't get to fly the jets.

Actually I got the complete edition. So now I have FB + AEP + PF all merged.  :D Haven't tried the jets though.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I fly the Mig-3 for the Russians, F4U for the USN, and P-51 for the USAAF :) I'll see you in the skies some time ;)

Offline ME$$ENGER

• The Yellow Peril
You bet.  I'll go online as soon as I learn how to BnZ properly.  :)