Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844322 times)

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
But it's also the most overpowered son of a ***** in the history of Sol Gates.
It's Inferno. Everything needs more beams.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well it was supposed to keep Shivans out.

Offline CT27

It's been about a month and a half since the last update.  How are things going with Inferno: Nostos?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Missions have stalled as the mission designers are swapped RL wise or away completely at the moment.

Model wise the final model is in production for the last mission, and since we have people leftover while that's being done work is being done on the models orginally delayed until R2 such as the Selket cruiser and the Arcas station.
Plus a few other things that we won't go into yet.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Model wise the final model is in production for the last mission, and since we have people leftover while that's being done work is being done on the models orginally delayed until R2 such as the Selket cruiser and the Arcas station.
Plus a few other things that we won't go into yet.

What model are you talking about, Woomeister?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
I think he's referring to a plot critical spoiler ship. Inferno has a lot of those.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Something that would of linked to the 2nd chapter of INF:A.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Something that would of linked to the 2nd chapter of INF:A.
Perhaps a Shivan battleship/dreadnaught. Slightly above superdestroyer but below juggernaut specifications, I presume.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Not in INF:A no.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Or the EA's Icanus super-juggernaut from INF R1?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Not in "Nostos".
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline CT27

Will the Alves be flyable in Nostos (I heard elsewhere it was supposed to be second only to the Keres in terms of GTVA fighters)?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yes it is, near the end of the campaign.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Since we had more time to work on the models than we originally planned the SC Gania, which was cut from the first release has now been completed and will be fully restored into Nostos.
With 4 forward beam turrets it can make short work of any GTVA or EA cruiser, but unlike the Lilith it isn't heavily armoured, so it's possible to disable most of its offensive capabilities if you are quick enough.

What's coming next time:

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
oooooooh that last vasudan one is pretty
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
The Selket is looking ****in' A.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Random request, but any new fighter models to sneak peek at? XD

(I am pleasantly surprised that you guys opt to make/use proper shield icons for the HUD... or am I the only one out there using the auto-generated ones. :banghead:)
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Depends on what you mean by new. We completed all the fighter and bomber meshes over 6 months ago for both releases. It's now just smoothing and bug fixes left for those.

Not much left model wise now. Just the Arcas and its extensions and the EA sentry gun for this release. Then we have the Vasudan flagship and carrier, the Gigas and Icanus and a few minor models for the 2nd release.

I went through the shield icons when the last fighters were completed to upgrade them to their new looks, so all those should be up to date now.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Depends on what you mean by new. We completed all the fighter and bomber meshes over 6 months ago for both releases. It's now just smoothing and bug fixes left for those.

I was thinking the Alves for some reason in the 1 or 2 seconds I saw the shield icon a few posts up. Maybe all the meshes were already shown somewhere and I just didn't see it? I dunno, so far all I have seen is that Vasudan ship pack (the Petbe / Hathor release iirc).

It's not a must anyway, I was just curious since I hadn't seen anything latest INF related to fighters and bombers for a while.
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Alves was psoted way back on page 109 of this thread:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=36740.msg1553490#msg1553490