Author Topic: Furies  (Read 40521 times)

Offline Rott3

Erinyes

E: Damn it, Raa! I just got my pic up :arr:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 03:30:40 pm by 2065 »
Bet ya can't stick it

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Your shot shows the plating better, anyway.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Excellent model!:yes: It looks much better and.. uhm.. heavier :cool:
Expect the best. Be prepared for the worst.

Offline Kie99

It looks so much better ingame than in Modelview.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Looks pretty badass.

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
Simply i don't like it..speciali nose, and gun ports :doubt:

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
you suck then. the ery is a beautiful ship! the pinnacle of GTVA technology!!!! :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Considering in only one of those screenies i can see the pilots head i think pilot placement needs some addjustment. Slide the seat forward a bit put that frame behind his head. just my thoughts. Otherwise you make a not so preatty ship look quite sharp and clean. Good work
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 06:45:46 pm by 2786 »

Getting the nose right is always going to be a bit of a compromise.  I really don't mind this version at all.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I can't see why anyone would complain about the nose.  That model is just plain amazing :D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 01:22:17 am by 1965 »

Well the original texture has the front, circular window being extraordinarily small, and the canopy slopes down more.  But so many things were wrong with the original texture that it really doesn't worry me.  And we can't complain about pilot visibility, since we all know FS pilots only ever look straight ahead... :D

Offline Kie99

Originally posted by c914
Simply i don't like it..speciali nose, and gun ports :doubt:

Originally posted by Cobra
You suck then

:wtf::rolleyes:

Idiot.

Is he not allowed to have an opinion on it?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 06:26:41 am by 1934 »
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Pnakotus
Well the original texture has the front, circular window being extraordinarily small, and the canopy slopes down more.  But so many things were wrong with the original texture that it really doesn't worry me.  And we can't complain about pilot visibility, since we all know FS pilots only ever look straight ahead... :D

Cough

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Originally posted by Raa

(deletes post flaming people for demanding, when giving so little in return)

Files have been mirrored on Mekhu.

Where would you like the money transferred then, a paypal account? I think I can spare about $.37. Or even better, I make a mean beef cassarole! Other than that, there really isn't much I can contribute. :rolleyes: :nervous: ;)

Oh wait, I can contribute this: Great looking model guys! Keep up the good work! :yes: :yes: :yes:

And thank you Raa for mirroring the files. :nod:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
You just made my favorite fighter the sweetest thing to fly :nod:
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
To quote Krackers87's description in the wiki: "The Pinnacle of Ownage"
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Originally posted by Fade Rathnik
Considering in only one of those screenies i can see the pilots head i think pilot placement needs some addjustment. Slide the seat forward a bit put that frame behind his head. just my thoughts. Otherwise you make a not so preatty ship look quite sharp and clean. Good work

You know, I actually want to commet on this.  Firecrack actually went to great lengths to make sure that the pilot could see out more than being visible from outside.  And he's actually pretty visible as it is; of the two shots, he's visible in one and his head is perfectly obscured by the intersection of the canopy pylons in the other.  Really the only thing that's a question relates to the shape of the cockpit, which has changed, but I think it is a necessary and logical change.

The only thing that concerns me is that I never actually tested it in-game with the cockpit on.  Does that line up ok, or has anyone looked?
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
The view point i dont think is positioned correctly to use the cockpit on, but looking at the model in maya when you look straight forward the HUD in the cockpit model lines up with the front window, still i dont recomend using this with cockpits on, also the glass texture being so shiny may cause complications.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
There is no glass texture from inside, at least not if you made the glass a one-sided object.  If it's lined up, then it's right.  I agree that this probably isn't the best model for the visible cockpit, but it should work.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM