Author Topic: [Beta] Nebula Cargo Hunt sample mission  (Read 1029 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
[Beta] Nebula Cargo Hunt sample mission
I was trawling the wiki yesterday trying to make a mission work, in which I drop the player into a full Nebula envoirment and have them look for some Cargo Containers Command happened to have lost - think As Lightning Fall but boring and without a bread crump trail.

I actually never did a mission like this, this way before. Like As Lightning Fall I would throw in buoys or nav points or a handy "Follow me"-wingman. So much easier.
But going foward I don't need easy, I need this - multiple times in fact.

So I got to work and with a lot of help from @MageKing17 aka AdmiralRalwood* in #freespace-Discord I assembled all the pieces.

Considering something like this isn't in the Wiki, I want you to put it through its paces before I walk up to the wiki and submit it.

Note: the .pdf is a first draft and very rough both in terms of language and layout.

* Please, take your well deserved bow, if I didn't put the credit where it is due yet.

ps. I will set it up on Knossos if there is demand.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 04:04:31 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."