Author Topic: My branch  (Read 2459 times)

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
I recently got myself a branch where I've committed most of the features I've made during (almost) the past year or so. Here's test builds for anyone who wants to help in testing or to just get to play with the features.

Win: http://swc.fs2downloads.com/builds/WIN/FS2_Open_Zookeeper_r9729.zip
OSX: http://swc.fs2downloads.com/builds/OSX/FS2_Open_Zookeeper_r9729.zip

If you're on Linux then you probably want to compile yourself anyway, in which case the branch can be found at svn://svn.icculus.org/fs2open/branches/zookeeper/.

Here's a list of the additions along with tabling/scripting examples where needed:

The ones already merged to trunk marked with red strikethrough.

1. Controlconfigdefaults.tbl can now accept multiple #ControlConfigOverride blocks; each one defines a different set of default controls which can be cycled through via the "Defaults" button in the control config screen (you'll want to rename the button to something like "Cycle\nPresets" in strings.tbl). You can also rename binds.

Code: [Select]
$Bind Name: Enter Subspace (End Mission)
  $New Name: Engage Hyperdrive (End Mission)

2. A ship:canWarp() scripting function which checks whether the ship is capable of warping.

3. $On Action Started and $On Action Stopped scripting hooks, and an $Action hook condition to go with them. These are needed because $On Key Pressed and $On Key Released only check for a given key, not the action bound to it. Note that $On Action Stopped only triggers with continuous actions (firing primaries, flight controls, etc). Also, only key/button presses are recognized at the moment (no mouse movement for example).

$Action: Fire Primary Weapon

$On Action Started: [
    ba.warning("started firing primaries")
]

$On Action Stopped: [
    ba.warning("stopped firing primaries")
]

4. Auto spread shields.

$SBank Capacity: ( )
$Shields: 500
  +Auto Spread: 50 ;makes the shield 50m thick
  +Spread From LOD: 2 ;OPTIONAL: projects the shield based on LOD2, helps performance a lot

5. Enabled gr.drawCircle to draw both filled and unfilled circles and added a gr.drawArc function for drawing arcs.

6. Exposed a ship's autoaim value to Lua via ship.AutoaimFOV and allowed the FOV to be given as floats (as opposed to only ints) in ships.tbl.

7. Allowed the center reticle ani to switch to a different frame when autoaim is active, and enabled sounds to be played when gaining/losing autoaim lock-on.

$Autoaim FOV:                 1.8
+Converging Autoaim
+Minimum Distance:            100
+Autoaim Lock Snd:            78
+Autoaim Lost Snd:            79

+Center Reticle:
    Position: (307, 232)
    Firepoint display: YES
    Firepoint size: 2
    Firepoint X coordinate multiplier: 5
    Firepoint Y coordinate multiplier: 5
    Autoaim Frame: 1

8. Made the is-facing SEXP able to check for target objects other than ships.

9. Added a Lua function gr.drawOffscreenIndicator for drawing offscreen indicators.

10. Made eyepoints match the orientation of their parent submodels. Means that if you parent an eyepoint to a rotating submodel, then the camera will rotate along with the submodel.

11. Also includes exposing ship orders to Lua, patch by Admiral MS.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 01:57:42 pm by zookeeper »

Offline zookeeper

Just in case someone interested in these didn't/wouldn't otherwise notice, I've marked the ones (all but two) that are already merged to trunk. Some of them were merged quite a while ago, but some only recently.

Offline Echelon9

Great. Good luck getting the remainder through code review.

Can I suggest for your next set of patches, that you fork the FS2Open code on Github and add features as a branch to your fork? https://github.com/scp-fs2open/fs2open.github.com

It will give you access to some fancy line-by-line code review commenting.

Offline zookeeper

Great. Good luck getting the remainder through code review.

Can I suggest for your next set of patches, that you fork the FS2Open code on Github and add features as a branch to your fork? https://github.com/scp-fs2open/fs2open.github.com

It will give you access to some fancy line-by-line code review commenting.

I'm afraid I'll stick with the traditional methods for as long as possible, for the sake of my own sanity. :blah: Luckily, I'm not currently planning on any particularly complex additions anyway.

Offline Echelon9

I'm happy to step you through it any time. It's very easy.