Author Topic: [RELEASE] Shadow Genesis: 2017 Edition  (Read 179404 times)

Offline PeterX

• Peter
Re: The Shadow is coming... SHADOW GENESIS: RELEASE
Do you mean me? I don't set any spoilers. if i wrong then sorry about this question.
Peter
If i can´t model any ship then i use "flying trains" :-)

Offline Asoch

No matter what I do I can't seem to get past "Burning Sky of Aoen XII." I always die while trying to disarm the ships and when I stay away all the allied ships blow up. Mind giving some advice?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Spoiler:
Moar Penetrators II! This crap has more than 10km of range and it will destroy most of the enemy beam cannons at one shot [except the beams of destroyers and Meshulamsm they need 2-3]. Order every of your Alpha wingmen to destroy each beam. They will fire their penetrators instantly, than order each one to another beam. You can always use HyPAcS or Titan to destroy their beams from 3-4 kms
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Asoch

Got past it. Thanks.

Hi guys,

First off, I like to tell you that I really enjoyed the SG campaign. I'm a big fan of missions involving loads of capships, and you sure packed a lot of missions to the brim with them.

Second, I'd like to know which songs you guys used in the mission "Shadow Genesis". Could you help me out?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Thank You :) Which songs... You mean mission or the cutscene? In mission it was standard tabeled soundtrack made from Mass Effect 2 Soundtrack - Samara, and later The Rebirth Island from Call of Duty Black Ops. In cutscene we used ME 2 Soundtrack - The Illusive Man and The Ancients by Two Steps from Hell.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

I meant the cutscene part. And the Ancients was precisely the song I meant. (really fitting name btw!)

I could recognize all the ME2 songs, since that is one of my favourite games and I guessed it was a Two Steps songs that I meant. But there really are a lot of them.

Best of luck with V1.1!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Shadow Genesis - Patch 1.1 RELEASED
:bump:

Hi everyone :). I'd like to announce the Patch 1.1, with many fixes and addonital stuff as well :pimp:. Changelog and download in first post, under the screenshots section.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Good work guys - I cross posted this on the Announcements forum for you. The eleventh page of nearly 6 month old release thread is probably not the best place to post major new release information. :p
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Indeed, thank You :). We know that, but as it's SG-related material, we didn't wanted to make another topic in Campaign forums.

Offline est1895

So does the patch make the game able to work with FS-Open 3.7.0 RC2 or newer? :confused:

The reason I'm asking is that the patch said a 'recent version of FSO'.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 08:40:26 pm by est1895 »

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
[Sorry if this has been brought up already, I haven't read the entire thread yet]

Do I see this right you use Shadow Battlecrabs in this mod? If so, how did you get permission from TBP team?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
We tested it on 3.6.18 and if I remember correctly, we used some feature present in 3.6.18 and newer builds. Not sure if it was present in older versions, so yes - play it on 3.7.0 or 3.6.18 at least.
Battlecrab is from The Geometry of Shadows, not from TBP. We're planning to replace it in the future with original design.

I played it two times on 3.7.0 without any kind of problem. Maybe this is helping you.

Offline Infamus

This mod is still way too unbalanced. The starting cannon just rips right through everything - even shields. On the first hit I automatically loose 5% hull, even with full shields.
I can hardly beat the first mission.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
BARRA
BARRA
BARRA CUDA
yeah

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
there are guns which bypass shields. They are a PITA.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
The Krator is pretty weak actually. Alrough it penetrates shields, damage output is very low. It's dangerous, when you're trying to fight whole wing of enemy fighters alone. 3-4 Myrmidons with Krators are actually hard to deal with without your wingmans. Dive and avoid them instead of playing hero :P.

Offline Infamus

No, I mean the HL-9 Hammer. The starter gun.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
BARRA
BARRA
BARRA CUDA
yeah

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
What? Did you REALLY expect the starter gun to be weaker than Kayser?
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
No, I mean the HL-9 Hammer. The starter gun.
HL-9 barely can break through your shield. Stats are based on HL-8 Pack from this which are only a bit stronger than standard Subach. With standard damage type from MediaVPs and no armor.tbl used, it's impossible for this to be that strong. I think enemy fighters with Krator are your problem.