Author Topic: Coronavirus Outbreak  (Read 136393 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I ain't goin in there, it's full of superspreads

SECOND WAVE BABY

When I asked for a ban back in primordial whenever-the-**** Axem quipped that I should be back in October, just in time for Wave 2. ITS ALL HAPPENING AGAIN

what the **** are you talking about, the US second wave happened in like late spring. the first wave didn't even really end.

e: actually it was early summer. this is the third wave babyyyy

« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 11:47:25 am by Phantom Hoover »
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Nonetheless, since certain politicians have turned the coronavirus response into a partisan political matter - much as the vast majority of us may disagree with it being turned into a political matter - the topic was moved.  That wasn't widely discussed, so I'll toss a note in the GM board and we can see about restoring it here if everyone promises to behave.

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

If you have issues with people who insist on making a global pandemic a partisan manner, don't give them what they want. The entire thread has been more or less constantly respectful right up until the point it turned partisan.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
THIRD WAVE BABY

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Topic restored to GenDisc by consensus.  Let's try to keep the politics to a minimum.  Earlier rule on reputable information stands.  Have fun =)
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Thank you, MP-Ryan.

Common sense wins so infrequently these days, i’ll take any victory I can get.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

THIRD WAVE BABY

yaaaaaayyyyy

And I'm still working with people who don't know what masks are for or how/if they work, and who think that it's still just "a bad flu"

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
At one point I postulated that the worst scenario (for America) was 3 million dead Americans. Well we're about one order of magnitude away, which means we just need to double the death count uh...three hundred...six hundred...one point two...two point four....four times! Four doublings, a ha ha! That's not so many, given the number of doublings we've already been through.

I honestly did not at the time believe it could really come to this. It's unthinkable. I mean that sincerely, I do not believe we are equipped to think about this scale of preventable death. It doesn't mean anything to us. We're in one of those movies or novels where there's a mass death plot, only it's already happened, and we barely noticed, and we did it to ourselves.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I assume that infected anti-maskers do their best Braveheart impression as they die.

FRREEEEEEDOOOOOOOM
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
I assume that infected anti-maskers do their best Braveheart impression as they die.

FRREEEEEEDOOOOOOOM

I don’t think they’d ever be able to scream that loud if their lungs are compromised from the coronavirus. Still, it does make for a funny image. Laughing at their stupidity as they die is all too appropriate. Too bad they’re taking too many innocent people with them.
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Plenty of FB posts out there where people first deny it, then get it, then suffer because of it and die.

It's not very fun.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
This year was, in the US at least and keeping in mind that the year ain't over yet, a bad one for police officers.

Can you guess what the leading cause of death for police officers on active duty was this year? Like, in a "more than all other causes of death combined" sort of way?

Yep, you guessed it. The totally not deadly, really not that much of an issue, "it's just the flu, stop panicking" COVID-19.

If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
BLM antifa superflu strikes again; riots cover installation of forward deployed 5G anti-cop vectors

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
This year was, in the US at least and keeping in mind that the year ain't over yet, a bad one for police officers.

Can you guess what the leading cause of death for police officers on active duty was this year? Like, in a "more than all other causes of death combined" sort of way?

Yep, you guessed it. The totally not deadly, really not that much of an issue, "it's just the flu, stop panicking" COVID-19.

Is there a source on this? Not calling you wrong.. I'm legit curious of the actual numbers because this doesn't shock me at all. Some of the most common photos of people not wearing masks are Karens, Senators, and Police.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Reporting by CNN based on data gathered by the Officer Down Memorial Page.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Death, more death

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Poland in a nutshell:

early September: "we can shove all our kids back into school" (about 500ish new cases daily)
early October: "there's an increase but it's all under control, stay in school" (about 750ish new cases daily)
right now: OH GOD WHAT IS HAPPENING (13,5k new cases today)

Yes, I'm afraid that funelling down everyone's children who have no idea how or why should they wear masks, manically clean their hands, social distance and avoid every possible infected surface, or honestly don't give a heck about that, into tightly packed rooms tightly packed inside a building where keeping any semblance of distancing, hygiene and infection spreading prevention is a fever dream at best brought us here.
It's reported that the vast majority of new infections are happening between close family members, which is obvious (especially if the child brings covid from school).

Why do I think schools are the largest cause for this second wave? Because we were keeping a very steady and quite soft means of limiting the spreading of the virus up until a couple weeks back - the only thing that changed is school year starting.

We're slamming the brakes as hard as we can right now, with basically all of tourism/travel going into shutdown, heavy limitations of gastronomic services, and all the traditional means, for example disallowing meetings of more than 5 people at a time. Not like we're going to see any effects for a couple weeks.

When I'm going to work, I at least get paid for it. These kids are forced to risk infection of their entire families because, well, this is how we do it here our system needs a steady influx of indoctrinated young people happily wagging their tails when the system gives them back a tiny piece of what it took from them earlier.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 04:24:31 pm by MitoPL »
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Meanwhile due to work reasons I've travelled through three tier 3 locations (I prefer the term red zone) in 2 days. 
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
The US just had its biggest day of new infections yet! USA! USA! USA!