Hosted Projects - Non-FreeSpace > Crysis 2: Battutamod

¡BATTUTAMOD! for Crysis 2!

<< < (3/13) > >>

General Battuta:
No sry

General Battuta:
Still unable to crack the archetypes problem. Trying to get in touch with CryEngine support, but given that they're on CE5 and this is CE3, doubt I'll have any luck.

New version posted! Enjoy Ceph with speed mode and an enhanced railgun!

e: if I could crack the entity archetypes issue I would totally make this a hosted project

MP-Ryan:
What I'm getting is that I really should play Crysis 2, since I have it.

Klaustrophobia:
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed playing it and have replayed it a few times, but I don't share Batt's enthusiasm for Crysis 2.  I feel like it kindof destroyed what should have been an epic series started by Crysis and continued by Warhead.  With the exception of some consolitis, the gameplay is fun and in some ways improved over the originals, but I thought the story and writing were just awful.

General Battuta:
The gameplay's certainly more restricted than Crysis 1/Warhead. I think of C1/Warhead as basically '****-around shooters', mini sandboxes, where you're given a toolset and you just run around doing cool ****. Can I kill all these koreans using only stray chickens.

C2 is one of my favorite 'flow shooters' ever. You perform a core combat loop over and over and over and the feel of that loop is just excellent. The game looks awesome and the core actions of using your guns, hitting enemies, and traversing terrain feel about thirty times better than Crysis 1, where you're more of a floating camera than a massive embodied soldier.

C2's writing and story are also, in my opinion, leagues and leagues beyond C1's. C1 is a popcorn summer blockbuster thriller with spectacular environments. C2 is a deeply cynical and metafictional exploration of an 'alien invasion' in which humans are basically rats and all the real action is going on between supersystems.

And with my mod the game is hard enough to really strain the tools you're given :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version