Hosted Projects - Non-FreeSpace > FreeSpace: Fleet Command

I'm still not giving up - Need the community's help

<< < (3/3)

EatThePath:
Well, unfortunately it looks like the version available via steam was uploaded on june 7 2016, would put it before all the conversion and update work that chronicles. I don't really know why they'd upload a broken update after the patch rather than leave the old version up, but that's what it looks like.

So, if that's true, then in order to get it working you'd need to do all that. It's entirely possible, the resources are out there in the Homeworld modding community and there are places where you can get help for that process, but it's a big task.

Unless someone has the version from before the 2.0 update process started, or you can stand playing the HW2 classic version, or you can get in touch with the dev and they still have the WIP version, then I think that's the only real way forward.

I suppose it's also possible I'm misremembering when certain changes to the mod structure were patched in and I'm off the mark on the state of the available version. If that's the case, I'm really not sure why you're seeing the error you are seeing with the old engine attempts. Sorry.

Meatball:

--- Quote from: EatThePath on October 26, 2020, 08:03:10 pm ---Well, unfortunately it looks like the version available via steam was uploaded on june 7 2016, would put it before all the conversion and update work that chronicles. I don't really know why they'd upload a broken update after the patch rather than leave the old version up, but that's what it looks like.

So, if that's true, then in order to get it working you'd need to do all that. It's entirely possible, the resources are out there in the Homeworld modding community and there are places where you can get help for that process, but it's a big task.

Unless someone has the version from before the 2.0 update process started, or you can stand playing the HW2 classic version, or you can get in touch with the dev and they still have the WIP version, then I think that's the only real way forward.

I suppose it's also possible I'm misremembering when certain changes to the mod structure were patched in and I'm off the mark on the state of the available version. If that's the case, I'm really not sure why you're seeing the error you are seeing with the old engine attempts. Sorry.

--- End quote ---

You've been a really big help so thank you for that. Contacting the dev might be the hardest part, since rumors from people from both the comments on the workshop and here on hard-light said that the dev got had to deal with real life issues, didn't have the time and no one has heard from him since. I'll give it a try and try contact him and try get the versions you mentioned.

Now, I'm not a modder but I could probably learn, I have the general interest in computers and so forth.. Sadly for me personally I'm already incredibly busy, I only have time to play games maybe 30-60min per day, even tho I should spend that time as well on the stuff I need to work on. I just really love Freespace and the HW mod is amazing imo. I love it. And you're saying it's a big task, and I have no knowledge. Not only do I have to learn modding from the basic level, but the project at hand is a big task, the dev himself was not able to fix in 2 months...

Since you said you're been modding some yourself, maybe you know people within the modding community, that could maybe take on this project themselves?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version