Author Topic: A Reminder Regarding Screenshots  (Read 3368 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
A Reminder Regarding Screenshots
I'm in the process of renaming a bunch of screenshots on the wiki that were uploaded onto the "Screenshots" page. While I'm thankful every time someone other than myself uploads an image, I need to remind everyone of the system we have in place. There are 2 simple rules:

1. Don't add any images to the screenshots gallery page if they aren't also being added to the main page rotation.
You can access the template from here - just copy and edit an existing entry to get the syntax (but remember to check the file extension, some are jpg, some are png.

2. Don't add any images that don't conform to the established naming pattern.
All images must be named either RScreen####.jpg or RScreen####.png, and be sequential.
I'm not being deliberately anal about this, there's a very good reason, and a pretty obvious one when you recognize that we're manually maintaining 2 separate lists. If names are given at random, then keeping the two lists the same is made much more difficult. With a sequence of numbered files, there's  much less potential for shots to be missed in one list or the other. Obviously, if people always followed rule 1, we wouldn;t need this, but the truth is that not everyone knows the system, so mistakes and skipped files will creep in. The current convention avoids that possibility entirely.

So, once again, thanks to those who upload photos, just please remember to stay within the system and make it easier for everyone.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: A Reminder Regarding Screenshots
I plead guilty... My bad.

Is there a way to auto-generate either list using stuff from the other?

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Not any that I know of. It's not a big deal to keep the two lists up to date with one another, really - I check it every month or so to do just that - so long as everyone helps out by keeping it neat and tidy. :)
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
We could add them all to a media category and have the thing just link to the category.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Which thing, the gallery? Would the captions still work?
Rarely Updated P3D.

:bump: I just got RScreen0082 twice on the main page, something broke? http://imagebin.org/258009

No, the way that the system works is just to independently select two screenshots from the same pool, so there's a chance they'll both be the same.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

O rite - I thought it had been fixed, but apparently my memory fooled me.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I'm pretty sure it was fixed - partly I vaguely remember  it being sorted, and plus I haven't seen a double up in yonks. PHP revert might be playing funny buggers again.
Rarely Updated P3D.