Author Topic: "Triangle Fighter" request  (Read 7599 times)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
"Triangle Fighter" request
I'm making a mod along with T&T. This mod is not related to A Terror and a Traitor and is set in my pet universe, based somewhat on the game Tyrian.

I made a post in this thread about a triangular ship from Titan A.E. that I'd like to have shrunken to fighter size and made into a fighter for my new mod. But I decided to give RT his thread back and post this somewhere else. It will be the advanced fighter for the Savaran Imperial Alliance faction (also known as "the good guys" :p). I've already got their new green thruster and thruster glows done, and some primary weapons that shoot green shots (all the SIA effects are lime green). But I need a ship to put them on. So I need a model for the Saber advanced fighter based on that cool gray trianguar ship, so here is how it needs to be done:

Length: 17m or so
4 gun mounts in two banks
2 missile banks
An actual cockpit; make this blend as well as possible with the lines of the ship--I don't want this big thing sticking out of the top of the ship.
Otherwise keep it as close to the original ship as possible.

Any takers? This mod is everyone's chance to see a sci-fi universe that is radically different from anything you've ever seen (it resembles Tyrian only in a couple of superficially similar ships and some names taken from the game, also the corny humor is removed): a galaxy dominated by two huge warring factions (the Savaran Imperial Alliance and the N'Tak Consortium) with various other factions bickering, quibbling, and fighting (the Terran Coalition, Sua Federation, and a bunch of others I can't remember off the top of my head), plus the obligatory mysterious near-invincible alien race (the Zica). There will be few missions released with this, because it's not really a campaign like T&T where you play it and it's over, it's a universe that is thrust into your hands and you get to make your own stuff and additions.

Anyway, this is going to be totally wicked cool.

Once the fighter is done, I'll table it and release it. I'll basically be releasing stuff a I make it; this isn't really a campaign but a general mod.

Now to open a FreeWebs or swooh.com account to put my stuff in. I'll be releasing the Stalker heavy fighter used by the N'Tak Consortium soon: Aldo's Aurora model is perfect. All I need is a table entry.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Why not ask Snip... Raa'torah or whatever for the ship he just made. Looks more or less like a triangle.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Not the Titan A.E. one I'm talking about.

But if worse comes to worse, I'll use the Crimion and add an extra pair of gun mounts. Two ain't gonna cut it against the enemy Stalker heavy fighters.

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by Knight Templar
Why not ask Snip... Raa'torah or whatever for the ship he just made. Looks more or less like a triangle.

Har...

And... En Taro Adun:wtf: [/i]

And if you truly want my ship, the most basic version is up for Dl in that thread.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by Raa Tor'h

Har...

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

--General Battuta

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
He poked fun at my name, I use a Starcraft reference for his. (Templar)

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
If saying I'm protoss is supposed to be a retort... well then :thepimp:

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Xept that the Templar was the lamest toss there was... all he could do alone was hallucinations and a psy storm that only killed puny terrans... :P

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
err.. the templar 0wned. Tassadar was a pimp, and Archon's were teh ****. :thepimp:

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries

Stay ON-TOPIC people.

--General Battuta

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
You know, you look a lot cooler, like one of the big boys,if you make your own.. or to that point cut off their tags..

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Originally posted by Raa Tor'h

Har...

GHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's the funniest thing i've seen all day :lol: :D :D :D :D :D

EDIT:

Xept that the Templar was the lamest toss there was... all he could do alone was hallucinations and a psy storm that only killed puny terrans...

1) Templar's storm is one of the most powerful attacks in the game.

2) Psionic Storm works against all units of all three species.

3) When their energy runs out two of them combine to become one of the most powerful protoss units with lots of hp and attack.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2003, 12:50:30 am by 594 »

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Where's Woolie's whiskey dancing when you need it?

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Enough is enough.

[size=394322]PUT YOUR STARCRAFT CRAP IN A DIFFERENT THREAD DAMNIT![/size]

[glow=orange]:mad::hopping:[/glow]

--General Battuta

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Glow smilies!

[glow=blue]:drevil: ;7 :thepimp: ;7 :devil: [/glow]

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Re: "Triangle Fighter" request
*ahem*

Originally posted by Woolie Wool
I'm making a mod along with T&T. This mod is not related to A Terror and a Traitor and is set in my pet universe, based somewhat on the game Tyrian.

I made a post in this thread about a triangular ship from Titan A.E. that I'd like to have shrunken to fighter size and made into a fighter for my new mod. But I decided to give RT his thread back and post this somewhere else. It will be the advanced fighter for the Savaran Imperial Alliance faction (also known as "the good guys" :p). I've already got their new green thruster and thruster glows done, and some primary weapons that shoot green shots (all the SIA effects are lime green). But I need a ship to put them on. So I need a model for the Saber advanced fighter based on that cool gray trianguar ship, so here is how it needs to be done:

Length: 17m or so
4 gun mounts in two banks
2 missile banks
An actual cockpit; make this blend as well as possible with the lines of the ship--I don't want this big thing sticking out of the top of the ship.
Otherwise keep it as close to the original ship as possible.

Any takers? This mod is everyone's chance to see a sci-fi universe that is radically different from anything you've ever seen (it resembles Tyrian only in a couple of superficially similar ships and some names taken from the game, also the corny humor is removed): a galaxy dominated by two huge warring factions (the Savaran Imperial Alliance and the N'Tak Consortium) with various other factions bickering, quibbling, and fighting (the Terran Coalition, Sua Federation, and a bunch of others I can't remember off the top of my head), plus the obligatory mysterious near-invincible alien race (the Zica). There will be few missions released with this, because it's not really a campaign like T&T where you play it and it's over, it's a universe that is thrust into your hands and you get to make your own stuff and additions.

Anyway, this is going to be totally wicked cool.

Once the fighter is done, I'll table it and release it. I'll basically be releasing stuff a I make it; this isn't really a campaign but a general mod.

Now to open a FreeWebs or swooh.com account to put my stuff in. I'll be releasing the Stalker heavy fighter used by the N'Tak Consortium soon: Aldo's Aurora model is perfect. All I need is a table entry.

--General Battuta

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Dude - this is HLP. Derailment is a way of life.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
If somebody had any help for Mr. thread starter(Woolie :)), he would help.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Deja Vu, anyone? ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Ahh... memories... ;)