Author Topic: CIV V Announced!!!  (Read 6147 times)

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
For those who don't keep up with the CivFanatics website here is some news from a IGN review.

More importantly, the game itself will contain a browser for full community interaction, so you can search for, discuss, install and rate mods all from within the game shell. Firaxis will maintain a small bit of control over this and will rely on player flags to evaluate objectionable content.

You'd think that they'd have learned from Spore....  :rolleyes:

Oh well, I guess you'd better brace yourselves for the armies of anthropomorphic phalli that are going to permeate the system.  :P

It sounds more like the thing that god included with supreme commander 1 and 2, IE, a browser to find traditional mods.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline jdjtcagle

• Already told you people too much!
For those who don't keep up with the CivFanatics website here is some news from a IGN review.

More importantly, the game itself will contain a browser for full community interaction, so you can search for, discuss, install and rate mods all from within the game shell. Firaxis will maintain a small bit of control over this and will rely on player flags to evaluate objectionable content.

You'd think that they'd have learned from Spore....  :rolleyes:

Oh well, I guess you'd better brace yourselves for the armies of anthropomorphic phalli that are going to permeate the system.  :P

I couldn't stand the galactic adventures missions I kept getting from people.  Check out my MegaRobotThingy or I'm batman go here to finish for a total of 3 points... I kept getting them over and over again.  So dumb.
"Brings a tear of nostalgia to my eye" -Flipside
------------------------------------------
I'm an Apostolic Christian (Acts: 2:38)
Official Interplay Freespace Stories
Predator
Hammer Of Light - Omen of Darkness
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

Offline jdjtcagle

• Already told you people too much!
A few more excerpts from IGN a lot more on the article itself though.
http://pc.ign.com/articles/107/1075587p1.html

Strategic resources are handled differently. There the quantity is very important. One iron deposit, for instance, will only grant you the right to build and maintain, say, five iron-based units. You can't build any more than that until one of those units dies (or is disbanded) or you get access to more iron. You will be allowed to keep those units in the field if your resource is pillaged, but there's an additional maintenance burden and you won't be able to replace them if they're lost.

Borders are also handled a bit differently. Instead of just dropping a big culture bomb at certain thresholds, a city's territory will keep better pace with population and grow one tile at a time. Now when you get a new tile, you'll probably have no other choice but to work it. It's still based on culture, and you can drop some cash to speed things up, but culture growth will be more relevant over the long term in Civ V. You also won't pick the tiles individually. Instead the game will weight growth towards "good" tiles like grassland or wheat and away from "bad" tiles like forests and mountains. It makes sense that culture would tend to spread quickest where people can settle and make a living, but we're not sure yet what impact this has on production-focused cities that need lots of mines and forests.

The unit limit based on resources sounds awesome! What a great idea.
"Brings a tear of nostalgia to my eye" -Flipside
I'm an Apostolic Christian (Acts: 2:38)
Official Interplay Freespace Stories
Predator
Hammer Of Light - Omen of Darkness
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
The unit limit based on resources sounds awesome! What a great idea.

Not so awesome.... why would I need more iron to support a tank... as long as it's not destroyed or being repaired there's no need for more iron.

Well at least they are trying to avoid those annoying old problems.... like:

Ohh great, there's some rubber on that jungle square over there, I'll take that frikking city and use those resources... YES I'M A GENIOUS!

*takes the city and makes a marine*

GOD DAMMIT! where did that rubber went??, OHH RIGHT.....rubber runs out eventually, but... but that fast? -.-

el hombre vicio...

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
At least its a good reason to take over cities, other than "montezuma looked at me funny, im gonna kill his ass."

Other than that, i recall my other motivation being "the enemy has a religious holy city and i need money"
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

At least its a good reason to take over cities, other than "montezuma looked at me funny, im gonna kill his ass."

Other than that, i recall my other motivation being "the enemy has a religious holy city and i need money"

I usually beat the ass of the first asshole to ask me for open borders, just to send a message to others trying to peek into my marxist regime.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!