General FreeSpace > Multiplayer

PXO

<< < (3/4) > >>

Fat Zombie:
Ah. Since someone else has asked about the wikipedia images, I think I shall too. About this image in particular:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Htlasteroids.jpg

Now that looks like Bloom or HDR effectations. I looked on that MediaVP thread that you linked, but there seems to be no mention of bloom. Is this just some clever photoshopping, or is it actually an effect? (And if so, where can I get it, IWANTITIWANTITIWANTIT etc.)

Thanks very muchly.

karajorma:

--- Quote ---Note that this image uses a post processing filter to produce the blurred effect which is available only with certain video cards and is not a native part of the FreespaceOpen Engine.
--- End quote ---

Basically it's using the smartshader properties of certain ATI cards to fake bloom external to the engine. A search of the forum for HDRLite should turn it up IIRC.

Fat Zombie:

--- Quote from: karajorma on October 23, 2006, 03:30:19 am ---
--- Quote ---Note that this image uses a post processing filter to produce the blurred effect which is available only with certain video cards and is not a native part of the FreespaceOpen Engine.
--- End quote ---

Basically it's using the smartshader properties of certain ATI cards to fake bloom external to the engine. A search of the forum for HDRLite should turn it up IIRC.

--- End quote ---

I've checked my Ati Catalyst Control Centre, and it doesn't seem to be present. They've probably removed it.

CP5670:
Yeah, it was removed in the 6.4 drivers. You have to rollback to 6.3 to use it (and I'm not sure if CCC ever supported it anyway; ATI Tray Tools lets you enable it). Depending on what card you have, that may or may not be an issue.

Iron Wolf:
well, yay.

It seems that I had a regitration e-mailsent to me from that site, but it never arrived.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version