Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The Modding Workshop

A mod idea?

(1/2) > >>

Admiral LSD:
I was thinking about the nebula beyond Gamma Drac the other day and in particular the fact that one of your wingmen mentioned it was about 10-20 light years in diameter. This started a new chain of thought regarding the Capella supernova. Depending on how far apart the systems in that area are, given time, the nebula created by that supernova may engulf several neighbouring systems. If this occurs, it would be uneconomical to permanently station AWACS ships within systems, so I was thinking about space stations with inbuilt AWACS systems and AWACS buoys that could send tracking data across whole star systems. Is this a good idea? Has anyone else though of this? I personally cannot undertake such a project myself since modelling is a little out of my league at the moment but maybe someone else is willing to give it a go?

------------------
"32 years have passed since the Great War, the Shivans vanished half a lifetime ago and now we live in the mausoleum of history, we inherit the legacy of ghosts who haunt these ruins, the elders call us the Lost Generation."

You can contact the Admiral at:
e-mail : [email protected] (primary)
       : [email protected] (secondary)
MSN    : [email protected]
ICQ    : 92574800
Yahoo  : admiral_lsd_ofthe_gtd_ares

Admiral:
Sounds like you'd just stick an AWACS dish on top of an Arcadia, then make some buoys that could act as the sensors.  It sounds like it's basically just be making a new station, which is never a bad thing.

------------------
"All empires Fall. You just have to know where to push."

Culloden:
There arn't enough stations in FS...

------------------
Culloden - 16th April 1746

Setekh:
No, there aren't. Time to pull some favours with my modelling friends  

Shrike:
Time to pervert.....I mean convert some SL station models.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version