Community Projects > The FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project

were can i find freespace the silent threat and other freespace 1 campaings

<< < (2/3) > >>

DarthWang:

--- Quote from: Lobo on November 12, 2008, 05:23:40 am ---
--- Quote from: CaptJosh on November 12, 2008, 05:10:20 am ---Problem is, the original Silent Threat rather sucks. It was very clearly released in a very...incomplete stage. I'm waiting on Silent Threat: Reborn before I try playing the so-called expansion to Descent FreeSpace: The Great War again.

--- End quote ---
But at least the version included in FSPort works. I've been told that the original one had issues. Serious issues.

--- End quote ---

I've played it, it wasn't so bad.

The only really annoying thing was having to take out the Hades yourself at the end (but if you fly an Ursa and learn where the blind spot it where the fighters can't get you it's not that hard)

Colonol Dekker:
Up the  hangar right  ;7 :lol:

Wobble73:

--- Quote from: shadowmann2330 on November 11, 2008, 05:23:52 pm ---
thnaks

--- End quote ---

Where I come from th'naks could be taken quite rudely!  :drevil:

I thought Silent Threat was more a collection of :v: missions that never made the final cut to FS1 (and possibly a user made mission or two) that was quickly bundled together as an expansion pack?  :nervous:  :confused:

Galemp:

--- Quote from: Wobble73 on November 12, 2008, 07:56:27 am ---I thought Silent Threat was more a collection of :v: missions that never made the final cut to FS1 (and possibly a user made mission or two) that was quickly bundled together as an expansion pack?  :nervous:  :confused:

--- End quote ---

ST came with two things: a main campaign that revolves around the Hades Rebellion, and twenty standalone missions selected from the Freespace community. It includes the Awakenings campaign, IIRC.

Mongoose:
It's actually the Destiny of Peace campaign that's included, albeit in single-missions form.  And the original Silent Threat campaign is at least playable without any show-stopping bugs...unless you count the red-alert bug that makes the escape pod mission next to impossible to ace most of the time...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version