Author Topic: Into the Depths of Hell?  (Read 7062 times)

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Into the Depths of Hell?
I havent really been in touch with Freespace and the forum for some time, long enough that only now I noticed this part of the forum exists and what it is for. ;)

After looking around here I remembered that I had kept a very old Freespace 2 campaign on my PC, that campaign is Into the Depths of Hell, its a excellent campaign that was made by Noise but unfortunately it was never finished, I have all the chapters that were made (1 through 4 plus another one called the Hammer Falls which IIRC was supposed to be chapter 5), if the Restoration team wants to work on it I could upload it to them.

Its one of the best campaigns I've played for FS2.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Re: Into the Depths of Hell?
That series is in my list of priorities. We have a few WIPs nearing completion now, so it won't be long... :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Cool. :)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Do you mind posting here all DL links to all ItDoH campaigns? :) I lost them all when my PC died three years ago.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
You get get them all at FreespaceMods.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
All of them? Thanks. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline starlord

actually, I believe noise is still around, with the intent to finish them!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Work on chapter 1 has started, now I need some more FreeTime to get it done. :nod:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline starlord

Might anyone actually be able to contact noise besides PMs? Might be interesting to know the status of the ITDOH campaigns...

High Max was the one who could most reliably get into contact with him... don't know how, exactly.

Noise was going to serve in the military, IIRC, which of course puts a hamper on any modding efforts for a while. As it is, Hammer Falls was an early leak of the second part of Chapter 5, not the full campaign.

As of his last update (which, mind you, was a long time ago), he had mostly finished Chapter 5, and had work on Chapters 6 and 7 started. There was a general story outlined on his website for a full 12 chapters.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline starlord

yes, pity the site  is dead!

high max you say? where can he be reached?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Secctorgame, goes by the name of gary there.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline starlord

right! thanks! i'll see what i can do...

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
There was a general story outlined on his website for a full 12 chapters.

This one?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline starlord

correct!well done.

On a second note, I found noise's facebook profile and sent a message... We'll see what comes from that!

Offline NickM

BUMP;

any updates?

Obviously not. It appears to have been mainly Mobius project, who visits HLP every half a year or so.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Have to say, that i had those campaigns on the agenda for my own upgrade project myself. At least Part 1 to 4, because i was never able to find a complete Part 5, and never saw the sense to skip a 5.1 to play a 5.2 part, especially because it is a very story-driven campaign.

Because this one has no release after 8 years, i think that i can still have this on the agenda, even if it serves only as a bridge release for the FSCRP one in the end, because the FSCRP put more effort in this upgrades than i do. Okay, except from the part to convert all the fan fiction stuff into the technical database :D. Could be a big species.tbl in this one.
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

I'm trying to play it but the version I have has tons of bugs and won't work correctly.

Shivans view most other species the way we view infectious diseases. They think they are doing good by curing the universe of them. After all, no one mourns the fate of smallpox.

The Final War For The Multiverse

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Have to say, that i had those campaigns on the agenda for my own upgrade project myself. At least Part 1 to 4, because i was never able to find a complete Part 5, and never saw the sense to skip a 5.1 to play a 5.2 part, especially because it is a very story-driven campaign.

Because this one has no release after 8 years, i think that i can still have this on the agenda, even if it serves only as a bridge release for the FSCRP one in the end, because the FSCRP put more effort in this upgrades than i do. Okay, except from the part to convert all the fan fiction stuff into the technical database :D. Could be a big species.tbl in this one.

There is no mention of ITDOH in the fscrp internal anywhere; Mobius might not have actually done any work on it anyway.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.