Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > FS2 Open Coding - The Source Code Project (SCP)

Are the .tbl files going to have different names for each projects?

(1/2) > >>

Scuddie:
Some of you seem to like modding FS2, and, when you create these custom builds, are you going to use your own filenames?  I believe it will be alot better if everyone agreed on a standard for the .tbl files.  What I think is that we should all follow the 8.3 standard, and have the first four letters of our projects, followed by a dash, then a 3 letter summary of the original .tbl.  For example, I create a package called "Alaska", I would have something like "alas-wpn.tbl" and "alas-shp.tbl".  I hope someone agrees with me, as it would be fairly difficult to keep re-naming all the .tbl files every time you wanted to play a different MOD.

WMCoolmon:
There's a very simple solution to this...have all the campaign files in a .VP file, and move and remove the file as needed (or just change the extension)

TurboNed:
Is there really a good reason to stick with 8.3?  All the filesystems (to my knowledge) that FS2 would be ported to could handle more than that, right?  Wouldn't it be better to simply not limit it except no spaces and standard, accepted extensions?

--TurboNed

Bobboau:
why not just put tables in a diferen't folder, then include all tables with the EXE, include a read me to tell them to make a new folder name it "whatever" and put the tables in here
would be easy with auto instalers

neimad:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Bobboau
why not just put tables in a diferen't folder, then include all tables with the EXE, include a read me to tell them to make a new folder name it "whatever" and put the tables in here
would be easy with auto instalers
--- End quote ---

True, but seeing as V already made .VP's for just this type of thing, then why ignore them?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version