Community Projects > The FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project

RELEASE: Warzone 2.3.3

<< < (3/12) > >>

duff:

--- Quote from: Alex Heartnet on October 08, 2011, 08:19:12 pm ---Crash bug!

The mission 'Contention of Power' crashes to desktop at the beginning right when the shivan convoy jumps in when using the release build.  It magically works in the debug build, however.

--- End quote ---
I can confirm this.

*edit: found something else:

--- Code: ---Model 'vidar.pof' has 1 slots in dock point 'primary dock'; models must have exactly 2 slots per dock point.
<no module>! KiFastSystemCallRet
<no module>! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
<no module>! SCP_DumpStack + 354 bytes
<no module>! Warning + 430 bytes
<no module>! read_model_file + 12582 bytes
<no module>! model_load + 754 bytes
<no module>! ship_create + 321 bytes
<no module>! parse_create_object_sub + 77 bytes
<no module>! parse_create_object + 193 bytes
<no module>! mission_parse_maybe_create_parse_object + 390 bytes
<no module>! post_process_ships_wings + 93 bytes
<no module>! post_process_mission + 49 bytes
<no module>! parse_mission + 1531 bytes
<no module>! parse_main + 449 bytes
<no module>! mission_load + 215 bytes
<no module>! game_start_mission + 198 bytes
<no module>! game_enter_state + 482 bytes
<no module>! gameseq_set_state + 310 bytes
<no module>! game_process_event + 242 bytes
<no module>! gameseq_process_events + 152 bytes
<no module>! game_main + 782 bytes
<no module>! WinMain + 330 bytes
<no module>! __tmainCRTStartup + 358 bytes
<no module>! WinMainCRTStartup + 15 bytes
<no module>! RegisterWaitForInputIdle + 73 bytes

--- End code ---

I don't know if it's on purpose, but there are still some sound files missing: Spoiler:Warlock after Kirosi is destroyed

fightermedic:
yes i had this bug too, but considered it a local problem on my own pc
obviously, it is not
please use a recent nightly build for this campaign, the bug is fixed there

Aurora Paradox:

--- Quote from: bigchunk1 on October 07, 2011, 12:15:59 pm ---Just curious, but why are you all calling this a beta?

Edit: Just played the first mission. Voice acting is very good especially the GTCv Odin.

--- End quote ---

We want to ensure that we didn't miss any bugs during our internal testing.

NOTE: I've just updated the first post with a recommendation to use the latest nightly build. 

Alex Heartnet:
Not so much a bug as a bit of feedback on something that could easily be fixed.

It struck me as a bit odd that not every missile type was available during the final mission.  Critical engagements like that one is the time to make use of every advantage you have, and from just looking at the mission briefing gave me the impression that the Stiletto II or Trebuchet would be handy to use.  Alas, neither missile was available for me to use...
Spoiler:Where the Trebuchet would really come in handy is if you manage to one-shot the 'Crystal' subsystem of the Comm Mode with a well-placed Trebuchet, timing it just right to get past the rotating blades. But it's not like the player's 8 Kayser cannons can't do the same thing anyway...Major Spoiler: And what does a 'Terran-Shivan hybrid' look like anyway?  That was the second thing going through my mind when I reached that point in the plot (the first was 'AAHHHHH!!!') Overall though, I enjoyed the campaign.

Mongoose:
Okay, so I didn't get to it the other day, but I went through the first few missions tonight until a random crash stopped me.  (Time for an updated nightly, I guess.)  It's great to finally hear all the voicework finally in place; it really helps bring this classic to life. I did have to stop myself from giggling at the fact that I'm apparently playing a bald black guy, though. :p I didn't go out of my way to test any mission failures, but most of what I did see so far was working properly; other than a few very minor grammar/voice-match issues in briefing text, along with one or two directives that didn't properly get marked completed, it's looking good.  One thing I did notice is that the Shivan bombers in the first few missions didn't seem to be firing much in the way of bombs...I'm not sure if this was intended behavior in the missions, or if it's a bug in whatever nightly I was using.

There was one VA-related note that jumped out at me, though.  There was a certain line from mission 4 that I remember recording but wasn't used in-mission; it reads, "Two Rakshasa class cruisers entering the area! Kindly show them your weapons, pilots!"  The mission text has it being said by Command, but it sounds like the GTCv Equinox's actor reading the line.  If anyone else still has access to the old Sagitta Project forum we used to coordinate the VA work, it looks like the line was originally attributed to the Equinox, but was changed to Command in Tinman's post.  It seems to make more sense in-context for Command to say the line, so I wonder if the voice file should be switched.  (Plus I like the little emote thing I did with it. :p)  I don't think there's a head .ani associated with the line, either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version