Author Topic: Release of Star Wars the Original Trilogy Mod  (Read 28480 times)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Re: Release of Star Wars the Original Trilogy Mod
Good Sir,

Would you mind posting up a few screen shots or so? I'm curious to see what your creation looks like!
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
Just as a quick note, the fix zip would be a little better with an internal directory structure - makes it easier to sort the pofs into data/models and the tbm into data/tables
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Good idea. But if you downloaded the full fix 2 then do not use it yet as it will make the Battle of Endor missions not work.
I am in the process of recreating the missions so it does work by just simply remaking them. So it may be a while. Also I am traveling so it may take longer.

To answer the question: I would post screens but my missions need to be remade.

Hi,

in any case the missions dont work on Ubuntu Linux 10.04 32 bit. If I run the debug builds of 3.6.10, 3.6.10-INF, 3.6.12, and 3.6.12-INF, respectively, it crashes after clicking "run" in the starter. Without debugging it crashes when I start the missions after choosing the weapons.

Debug output attached. Let me know which info you need

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
From the looks of things the mod needs an inferno build and for some reason it is not compensating for the lack of afterburner fuel in one of the ships.tbl entries
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
i didn't know wing formations could be modified until i played this.

Wait, what?
tie fighters move in squares. Wish i could explain it with a thousand words, but i can't because screenshots are impossible for my computer.

separately i don't know what happened. suddenly i can't play this anymore even on debug. :(
Most errors state there's a "null moment of inertia" for every model that can be named. also, some complain about the lack of a secondary bank for the a-wing. the armament makes sense for the fighter but it looks like the table is not complete.

EDIT: deleting and reinstalling didn't solve it.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 12:39:28 am by yuezhi »
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline wookieejedi

Hmm, try deleting the mod folder, then downloading the 1st link only and not the fix. There may be some debug messages but it should eventually work. I will try and figure out the other problems and get an updated fix when I get back from traveling. Which may be in one day or seven depending on the snow.

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
separately i don't know what happened. suddenly i can't play this anymore even on debug. :(
Most errors state there's a "null moment of inertia" for every model that can be named. also, some complain about the lack of a secondary bank for the a-wing. the armament makes sense for the fighter but it looks like the table is not complete.

Yeah, that's the problem I've been having since day 0. Haven't gotten into the mission yet.

Offline wookieejedi

Ok the problem I will try and fix as soon as I get back on the first of Jan. in the mean time my suggestionwould be to not choose any different craft of weapons then the x wing to fly as and see if that works. Again I will try to get this all fixed asap when I get back, sorry about the hassle.

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
Ok the problem I will try and fix as soon as I get back on the first of Jan. in the mean time my suggestionwould be to not choose any different craft of weapons then the x wing to fly as and see if that works. Again I will try to get this all fixed asap when I get back, sorry about the hassle.
That's no good if the mission won't load, and even with your fixpack the ships don't seem to have moments of inertia, which is by way of making the mission not work.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
in the data folder of the mod create a folder called models, then using VPView32 to extract the models from the fix vp into the models folder.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline wookieejedi

Gotcha, I  will fix the inertia and remake the  missions and incorporate the other fixes too and release as a full standaloneversion 1.1. Hopefully that will fiix everything. Release will be llikely monday when I get back.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 07:08:10 am by wookieejedi »

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
in the data folder of the mod create a folder called models, then using VPView32 to extract the models from the fix vp into the models folder.

the fix wasn't a vp. Neither was the original release - the models were 'just' a bunch of POF files at the appropriate spot in the directory tree

Offline est1895

My system crashes when I try to play the Mod.
Windows xp32home
AMD tricore
9800gt 512mb
Asus m3n-h/hdmi
2gig

Offline yuezhi

• no u
so far, nothing has been solved for weeks.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:46:46 pm by yuezhi »
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

Offline est1895

so far, nothing has been solved for weeks.

Have you been having the same trouble Yuezhi?

Offline yuezhi

• no u
i have a ****ty computer, but not the same problem as you. There's so many bugs that the game is impossible to play. on regular builds, it just crashes without explanation.
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ

Offline wookieejedi

Alright so I have finally fixed all the bugs I know of, now I just need to remake the levels. Very sorry about the wait and frustration.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 08:32:06 pm by wookieejedi »

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
I don't know 'bout everyone else, but I've been waiting two (ish? three? feels like quite a while...) years for FOTG, I can wait a month for something smaller.

Offline wookieejedi

Why thank you good sir. Also does anyone want me to release any mod/unused assets for the next version too?