Author Topic: Blue Planet: The Battle Captains (Fan Campaign)  (Read 86505 times)

Offline QuakeIV

• test
Re: Blue Planet: The Battle Captains (Fan Campaign)
I have not tried messing with FSO version.

I actually do a bit of fredding on my own time so I might be able to help with some of the bug fixes, assuming for instance the 'remove the broken skip dialog options' is considered an acceptable solution.

Potential game-breaking bug in the lopez mission discovered by Sparda on Discord:

Was playing The Battle Captains just now, and after the 2 Ravana's, kinda nothing happens...the vasudan destroyer never comes in, and the 2 sobeks kinda hover around doing nothing....am I doing something wrong? Great mission btw, super fun!

In the part where the 2 ravana's jump in, I destroyed them both without losing any cruiser but the vasudan destroyer never jumps in

It seems I rushed to the 2 ravannas, head first, and destroyed the without the vasudan's help, and that was why I ended up stuck. The last one had never appeared until today (i also didn't get to see the 25 fighters and bombers)

Just putting this here as a note so it doesn't get lost or forgotten. If anyone wants to attempt to fix this, I'd be willing to playtest it and upload the fix. Otherwise I'll look at it eventually... probably...

Same bug in my run, and a weird time compression bug one too where after the "coffee break" scene, the timer jumps forward by 40 minutes, and my whole fighter wing has been killed by collisions. :P

Just have to say, I replayed the updated version of this mission and it's probably one of the single best FS2 mods, ever, in terms of scope and drama.

Diving into a Shivan destroyer group holding the line is just too damn cool.

Bug on The Aegis: It's possible, and in fact probable, in the Warspite convoy segment to kill the hunter-killer team and the Apollyon too quickly, which causes a sleeping mission failure because the convoy just blinks out of existence if you go to the cutscene before they warp out. 
"Courage is the complement of fear.  A fearless man cannot be courageous.  He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
I've posted a patch hopefully fixing this issue as well as adding a proper voice acted Luzon Station.  Thanks Renegade Paladin for the voice!
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.