Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Blue Planet

Error Loading Bp2-06

<< < (2/3) > >>

Trivial Psychic:
It seems that the event error was what was causing the mission to fail, and solving it meant removing the part of the event that references BPTaccomE, which according to Orph3u5 is something from an older MediaVP that has been deprecated.  I also added the fighterbay subsystem to the Ceres-R table entry, since it's listed in the model.

While I was at it, I also started looking at the source for those "not unique" path warnings (not that they're show-stoppers), and found that the ships I looked at had more than one model path with the same name.  Some were outright duplicates with the same name identical paths, but others were quite different, sometimes linking on to entirely different subsystems.  I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, say for plot reasons you needed a ship to attack a subsystem by a specific model path (is that possible?).  The Sanctus Mk2 is a mess though, with subsystem paths nowhere near their referenced subsystems.  Is that model even used in a mission?

I've continued past the mission in question and have encountered no more show-stoppers... yet.

0rph3u5:

--- Quote from: Trivial Psychic on June 02, 2021, 08:31:13 pm ---solving it meant removing the part of the event that references BPTaccomE, which according to Orph3u5 is something from an older MediaVP that has been deprecated.

--- End quote ---

To clarify that:

- BP's custom HUD gauges are stored in their version of mv_root-hdg.tbm, meaning that it overrides the MVP configuration.
- The elements of the Taccom-Gauge use the graphics of the Directives Gauge.
- The absence of TaccomE, and the fact that TaccomD uses the 2_directives3, suggests that the Taccom Gauge was changed in response to a higher base resolution of the HUD - which is one of the last changes the MVPs did to their mv_root-hdg.tbm.

QuakeIV:
I agree just peg it to a version if keeping up is needless suffering.

Trivial Psychic:
M09 gave me another failure to load.  Debug warned about TaccomE again, but after removing it it also complained about TaccomF.  Removing that as well allowed it to load properly.

Trivial Psychic:
I forgot to mention, I encountered a few bugs in M08.  I managed a few primary bursts off before they locked-up, and I'm not sure it was intended for that to be possible.  Also, my secondaries were unlocked the entire time.  Again, I thought that wasn't supposed to be possible.  Finally, I got a near continuous loop of messages from Simms agreeing to help you.  It seems that using the "1" button to unlock the primaries also triggers the call-for-help request (which is also slaved to "1") and a continuous repeat of the "coming to help" messages from Simms.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version