Author Topic: A Gift To Inferno  (Read 4040 times)

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Hey guys,

Many of you know that I'm currently using my father's account - that "Rampage" was my father's ID on Hard Light.  Also you may know that my father had to leave the community due to reasons of family and gave me the keys to his account.

You guys may also be familiar with his half-finished campaign Attempted Suicides, which will never be finished.  (Don't ask me for the missions, since they're my father's property.)  During his silent months, he was working behind the scenes for the advancement of the Freespace community and his now dead campaign.  He was also a big sponsor for Inferno and frequently dialogued with Woomeister for project support.

Since Attempted Suicides is now dead, my father wishes to donate his models to Inferno as a sign of good will and encouragement to its crew.  The first model he'll donate is:

[Front]

[Side]

[Back]

This is his first HTL model of a Terran bomber - made from scratch.  (The concept isn't his original.  Do you know what the concept vessel is?)  The ship is FAR from done.  For a HTL model, it currently has 437 vertices and 878 faces, but it can use a little more detail on the wings and the belly.  And of course, it needs a good texture map.  The bomber would be the last ship the player would fly against the Shivan armada in Attempted Suicides, but obviously it never made it...

So it is now my father's dream to see this vessel textured and implemented into Inferno (makes a good EA bomber, he thinks).  Woomeister, Phreak, or Sid, can you make his dream a reality?

[If you want the ship, then I'll finalize it for him and PM one of the staff here.]

Cheerys,

Rampage

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
That's a cool design. A little lacking in the gun field for a bomber, but it looks kickass, like an Athena replacement. I love it. Whoever finishes it had better do it justice.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
He originally intended for the ship to be a Terran beam bomber, with a beam cannon on each wingtip.  But the wings still lack detail...

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
It has alot of potential...
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
Reminds me EA Pereginr

and
It has alot of potential...

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Rampage
But the wings still lack detail...

Actually for the type of maps that we use for EA bombers, those wings are fine. At its current polycount it wouldn't look out of place with the Peregrine, Leda, Gagana and Holler.

I think it would make a good Athena style craft.

Send it to me as it is and I'll try mapping it if you like.

Offline mr.WHO

To INF team: does this ships is now in Inferno(and does it EA)??
Does Gagana is the most powerful bomber in EA fleet?? If not can we see a picture of this bomber??

Edit: well maybe you have also a picture of other new EA bombers??

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I'm currently mapping it. Will be quite some time since it's a busy week.

The Holler is the more powerful as it can use the Hellfire-X more than the Gagana can.

The Leda is a kind of Medusa style bomber used during the war in Sol. Still in service, but mostly replaced by the Peregrine.

The Holler is a multi-pilot bomber and is similar to the Jotun in strength.

Offline aldi

is the holler the bomber from  Reciprocity. How did you get it to work, because when try to view it fs2 crashes i'm useing the SCP (3.6.5 release .

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Holler just works here, have never had problems with it...

The mapping is still wip:

Offline aldi

wow that's some nice mapping on the bombers and by the way do you need mapping artist. I can also do all the pof data.

Offline Nuclear1

As in tune with all of Rampage's modelling work, this also seems to have come from Homeworld. It definitely reminds me of the Taiidan Attack Bomber, at least in its unmapped state.

Hmm... add that in with the GTCv Phobos (Taii Cruiser), the GTVX Gorgon (Taiidan ICF/Raider IAF)... you've got a whole series of rip-offs. :D

Just kidding, dude. ;) Good job, as usual.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 08:06:05 pm by 673 »
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Also Woo, I see you have textured the beveled portions of the wing red.  Note that there are also beveled portions underneath the cockpit.  Maybe those should be red as well?  Just a suggestion...

Originally posted by nuclear1
As in tune with all of Rampage's modelling work, this also seems to have come from Homeworld. It definitely reminds me of the Taiidan Attack Bomber, at least in its unmapped state.

Hmm... add that in with the GTCv Phobos (Taii Cruiser), the GTVX Gorgon (Taiidan ICF/Raider IAF)... you've got a whole series of rip-offs. :D

Untrue.  This model I can say for sure is not ripped off of Homeworld modeling.  It was made from scratch, but a little inspiration comes from another ship from another game...  Think old.  Think low-poly.  Think - - - - - - - - - - Microsoft...

Actually I think my father also has a remake of the Taiidani Attack Bomber - again made from scratch, since he considered the original Relic version to be inadequate for Freespace 2.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 08:18:34 pm by 255 »

Offline Nuclear1

Hmm. Looked like it, though.

Eh, no offense intended, anyway. ;)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
anything well textured and low poly (and usually well shaded) looks like it belongs in homdworld. especially if it has little 'towers' (which incidentally the phobos DIDNt have)
A alphabetically be in organised sentences should words.

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
Quote - "Untrue. This model I can say for sure is not ripped off of Homeworld modeling. It was made from scratch, but a little inspiration comes from another ship from another game... Think old. Think low-poly. Think - - - - - - - - - - Microsoft..."

Hmmm, may i suggest StarLancer???

Offline Zarax

May I suggest Urban Assault?
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Not - - - even - - - close...

Offline mitac

Windows 3.1? :doubt:
marcet sine adversario virtus.