Author Topic: Staff position open- script manager. Have cake.  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Staff position open- script manager. Have cake.
Script Manager for Diaspora:
Requirements: College level English education or equivalent, native English speaker (North America preferred). Ability to work 10+ hours a week on Diaspora for 4-6 weeks starting immediately.

Role: Provide direction for voice actors. Must have an ear for emotional range and context of lines. Must be in heavy contact with voice cast. Script is final, but direction and interpretation of dialog are up to the script manager to ensure strong performances.

Your job is to provide direction to voice actors to guide their performances. Final "good" takes will be sent to torc for audio clean up and post-processing.

Role will also involve recruitment of additional voice actors if deemed necessary, if performances are consistently subpar and not amenable to direction.

You are to ensure that voice actors complete all assigned lines to satisfactory performance. All voices should sound professional, you are to prevent inconsistent performances and overall "bad acting" and to have dialog that sounds in line with the overall performances in the Battlestar Galactica franchise.

This role is primarily for Release 1. Individuals with past voice acting management experience with projects preferred.

Individuals must be able to put in long hours in order to meet release date for R1.

Okay... there was no cake. Because I ate it all. I'm a monster.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
Re: Staff position open- script manager. Have cake.
This is relevant to my interests, abilities, and undergraduate degree. How does one go about applying?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 10:30:20 pm by LordMelvin »
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Shoot me and Karajorma a PM if interested. Keep in mind that this will require quite a bit of work which is like herding cats. We're aiming to have all lines of dialog to torc within 4-6 weeks so your task is to get our voice actors in line and if needed recruit new ones to fill in the gap.

So it's a grueling and time consuming job and we need someone who can follow through from start to finish.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Have been out of it for a while due to a move, but am curious if the position is still open.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Melvin got the position.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Congrats Melvin, thanks for your time =)