Author Topic: Yet another new GTF Apollo [WIP]  (Read 10323 times)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Re: Yet another new GTF Apollo [WIP]
That will be last one for today, I promise!

Reworked wersion of apollo known from game. This time 10016 triangles

Will you marry me?

Seriously, that model is ****ing gorgeous. The only issue is that there are supposed to be two supporting hoops in the cockpit, not one. Check the retail model and you'll see, I think it's less noticeable on the old HTL model.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Hi,

I just want to tell that I'm still alive :)
Now I have some free time to go back to work on this. 
I will fix that missing supporting hoop, but for now I want to do next part: cockpit and pilot model.

Below is the WIP of the pilot blueprint from FS1 Era. There is no good concept or something like that with detailed information about how this pilot suposed to look. So I start from "zero2hero".
It will be all in the same animation so I don't want to start another topic.
Any comments, suggestions or materials to work on will be very helpful.
Thanks ;)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
That... is conceptual work done right - kudos on the drawing.

:D
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I'll be interested to see what comes of this. I've got a pilot model half finished that I've been working on for the FS1 intro remake. It's really only the last piece I need to finish the FS1 Intro, but I haven't been able to work on him in quite some time....
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
My only problem with this Apollo model is that it has the exact same issue Galemp's and Sara's had, aside from a bit of smoothing here and there, all of the detailing on it could easily be done via normal mapping and there wouldn't be a difference. I certainly don't see how you're reaching 10k triangles either.

It's solid work, though, don't get me wrong.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I'd have to agree with that, actually.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Thanks for comments :)
I understand that details can be done in normal maps, but cant say that this will be the same - not for me ;)
About that 10k of triangles: I just didn't care about poly limit :D ( I writed that somewhere here) It wos made for animation, not for game.

I can release what I have so far if someone is desperate and want it now :) When he do optimization number of triangle will be low.
I want to do this in one single update models of fighter, bomber cockpits and pilot done, maybe UV and in the next one textures.
Finally animation ofcourse :D

Now back to work on pilot :D

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Aside from having too many polies (which shouldn't be a concern at all since the modeler stated the goal of the model at least twice by now), it's really good work. Love your pilot concept.