Author Topic: Mass Effect 2 asses and balls or something (split from Mass Effect 3)  (Read 7923 times)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Re: Mass Effect 2 asses and balls or something (split from Mass Effect 3)
Shepard never breaks bones for anythings else exploding, so I doubt banging around in the Normandy did anything, especially through armor.

Regardless, that freaking out faded pretty quickly (probably into unconsciousness), and I doubt s/he remembers anything past shoving Liara/Ashley into the pod.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Getting bounced around an exploding Normandy and most likely breaking a bunch of bones followed by suffocating from a slow leak doesn't exactly rank high on my ways to go.  She certainly seemed to be freaking the hell out in the cutscene :P

Decompression takes a very short period to knock you out. Shep actually stopped moving within it in the custcene (nice touch Bioware). At best Shep had ten or fifteen seconds from vaccum exposure to unconsciousness. Not long at all.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Shep was traumatized forever by the heartbreaking loss of Navigator Pressley

fake edit: and the sweet onboard jogging music

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Shep was traumatized forever by the heartbreaking loss of Navigator Pressley

fake edit: and the sweet onboard jogging music

It was made worse by the fact he couldn't play Virmire Ride on his stereo anymore.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Luis Dias

I see smudboy's poison reached HLP... :)

GB and NG for the rescue though ;)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
What's a smudboy

e: If it's someone who said that ME2 had a ****ty main story they're completely right, it's just that everything else about the game is great

Offline T-LoW

• Planet Earth is blue and theres nothing left to do
    • German Freespace-Galaxy
e: If it's someone who said that ME2 had a ****ty main story they're completely right, it's just that everything else about the game is great

This.
The german Freespace-Galaxy

"There was a time before we were born. If someone asks this is where I'll be."

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
No. You get to the colony AFTER Morodin creates a couintermeasure (from a captured bug).
Aparently, Collectors left no traces of their presence before. So where does the bug come from?

Ah, my mistake.  Next most likely scenario is he gets one from Veetor.  They sure left traces there, or there'd be very little game after that.

Eh? :wtf: Veetor was on the colony with the bugs. You get to Veeter BECAUSE you already have a countermeasure researched. You get that bug as soon as your recruit Moridin. From where? No one knows.

The Collector ship idiot balls can be best explained as "We don't want to be colossal assholes to the player.  Let's give them a chance to actually beat this mission, hmm?"

They could have handled it better. A LOT better. They could have made both Shep and the Collectors act far more competent.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 02:05:40 am by TrashMan »
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I admit I would have really liked for this to have been utilized more.  Personally, I always thought that there should have been some kind of mental/emotional impact on Shepard from all the trials and travails s/he has dealt with over the course of the two games.   Between being brutally killed and resurrected, not to mention caring the burden of what's in store and having the Cypher rolling around in her or his head I'm  surprised they don't go up to their cabin roll up into a ball and rock back in forth for hours.

Apparently they were going for a more war-weary approach to the voice acting in ME3 but test audiences hated it (**** YOU TEST AUDIENCES)

You know what scene I liked from ME1? When the Councill waves you off after all you've done and locks down Normandy. And Shep is there raging on the normandy, hitting hte locker in frustration and slumping to the ground, before the LI comes over to comfort him/her.
One of the best scenes.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Eh? :wtf: Veetor was on the colony with the bugs. You get to Veeter BECAUSE you already have a countermeasure researched. You get that bug as soon as your recruit Moridin. From where? No one knows.
Actually, Veetor was in the first mission on the colony where the Collectors had already left; what you fought were the security bots he hacked and you didn't have the countermeasure yet.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Ahhyes..I remeber. However, Collectors leave without a trace (despite that giant ship landing crater..).
Where did that bug come from?
You can assume Veetor gave it to you, but where does veetor get it? He's been locked inside that room and too scared to go outside.

Offline Luis Dias

Just because you don't see anyone collecting the bug, doesn't mean it didn't happen. A lack of plot exposure =/= plot hole.

(Note: If you don't know "what" smudboy means, you are a lucky bastard, forget that name and leave it at that)

About the ME2 main plot story, yeah, could have been better, but I think it has a far worse rap than what it deserves. It's more the case that it is less polished than the rest of the game, so it shows. It still has a lot better story than most FPS / RPGs out there.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
It goes againt "Collectors hit colnies without elaving a trace". That bug is a big friggin trace.

Also, smudboy is a hero of the internet. ;7

EDIT: To those that do not know, smudboy is a former BSN forumite who made several analysis videos of ME2's plot, exposing everything that's worng with it. As you can imagine, fanboys were literaly demanding his death, leading to a massive flame war.

Offline Luis Dias

Smudboy's "analysis" are the worst piece of **** I've ever witnessed in youtube. When I first clicked on the link and given the initial presentation I was expecting something akin to Plinkett's trashing, which would have been awesome. Alas, it's like the opposite. And the worst part is having to deal with those who blame "fandomness" on trashing an otherwise humourless pretensious idiot.

Trash, the thing is, most of his "exposures" were wrong. And he could have done it right, there was no lack of bad things to badmouth ME2 for.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It's important that we get mad about this

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Smudboy's "analysis" are the worst piece of **** I've ever witnessed in youtube. When I first clicked on the link and given the initial presentation I was expecting something akin to Plinkett's trashing, which would have been awesome. Alas, it's like the opposite. And the worst part is having to deal with those who blame "fandomness" on trashing an otherwise humourless pretensious idiot.

Trash, the thing is, most of his "exposures" were wrong. And he could have done it right, there was no lack of bad things to badmouth ME2 for.

Tell yourself that as you're crying yourself to sleep.

His remarks are spot one. While he does tend to go off a tangent and nitpick way too much, his core observations are correct.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

That's a wasted effort, I don't think the benefits of controlled anger carry over properly to an internet debate like they do in hand to hand.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
It goes againt "Collectors hit colnies without elaving a trace". That bug is a big friggin trace.

They also left behind visual identification of themselves on that planet.  That's a friggin trace.  So much for that.

You're getting hung up on one of the most minor and easily explained plot-holes (that doesn't even have to be a plot hole) imaginable.

Offline Luis Dias

....Madness?

Offline Luis Dias

Tell yourself that as you're crying yourself to sleep.

His remarks are spot one. While he does tend to go off a tangent and nitpick way too much, his core observations are correct.

Check squee's replies. Much more humourous and actually correct. Some details smud got it right. Most of his gibberish is wrong, and anyone who disagrees with me will be cast into everlasting fire.