Author Topic: Post Capella, would another Colossus be built?  (Read 64526 times)

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Post Capella, would another Colossus be built?
Agreed! There is no mention in the game of the shivans having anywhere near that many destroyers corvettes and cruisers as to pose a threat to the entire GTVA armada ! I mean come on we are talking about hundreds of warships here! They sent perhaps 1 more fleet to aid the 3-rd fleet that was already on station but was beeing hammered by the shivans.

That would make the combined fleet a lot bigger and under the overall command of Adm. Petrarch! this could be the fleet that petrach was talking about! The number of casualties just does not add up! Even if you had only destroyrs present which isw imposible they must of had cruiser and corvettes !
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Agreed! There is no mention in the game of the shivans having anywhere near that many destroyers corvettes and cruisers as to pose a threat to the entire GTVA armada ! I mean come on we are talking about hundreds of warships here! They sent perhaps 1 more fleet to aid the 3-rd fleet that was already on station but was beeing hammered by the shivans.

I still don't get why everybody thinks the Shivans have 80 juggernauts but only 10 destroyers... It's... Well... Weird... And... Kind... of............ I don't know the word. :wtf:

... And on the last mission of fs2 where you were on the other side of the last node to be collapsed, there was only a deimos....

Nope. There was an Aeolus, a Hatshepsut, another Deimos, a load of other ships.... Watch the ending cutscene.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Because from what we can see the shivans concentrated almost all of they firepower in FS2 on those sathany juggs! Also the small destroyer fleet is not that small when you consider the ciorvettes and cruisers involved!.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
What supports your theory that there are only a few destroyers if the Shivans have so many Sathanes? It's illogical.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I see then do you have anything to support the fact that the shivans engaged the GTVA with at least 10 or more detroyers in game?? Other then the fact that you are asuming and guessing based on the size of the sathany fleet!
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I see then do you have anything to support the fact that the shivans engaged the GTVA with at least 10 or more detroyers in game?? Other then the fact that you are asuming and guessing based on the size of the sathany fleet!

Logic.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
... And on the last mission of fs2 where you were on the other side of the last node to be collapsed, there was only a deimos....

Nope. There was an Aeolus, a Hatshepsut, another Deimos, a load of other ships.... Watch the ending cutscene.

:yes:

No BoE missions from :v:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.

I didn't say the ending cutscene, i said the last mission. And no **** there's **** load of ships, there's a convoy with civillian vessels and military vessels. And the military vessels in the convoy sure weren't able to do much. Hell that ****ing deimos survived the best until the sathani cranked up uncle roasty on it.

That would make the combined fleet a lot bigger and under the overall command of Adm. Petrarch! this could be the fleet that petrach was talking about! The number of casualties just does not add up! Even if you had only destroyrs present which isw imposible they must of had cruiser and corvettes !

The shivans have no problem warping in random ravana's, cains, and molochs as shown by the several missions where you're participating in helping to evacuate capella a little safer.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 01:00:30 pm by S-99 »
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
The shivans have no problem warping in random ravana's, cains, and molochs as shown by the several missions where you're participating in helping to evacuate capella a little safer.

What do you mean? Even Terrans and Vasudans do the same. Only difference: they prefer to keep their destroyers far from the battlefield. But in FreeSpace 1, the Galatea was oftentimes sortied without no apparent reason.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I didn't say the ending cutscene, i said the last mission. And no **** there's **** load of ships, there's a convoy with civillian vessels and military vessels.

The ending cut and the last mission were in the same area.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Snail you are talking to me about logic about an enemy that defies all comon sense logic...! I men they blow up a frikking start sistem just so that they can war uot or something?? I mean come on!

Logic does not enter into the equation since it would be insane ilogical and plain idiotic concentrate more then 100 warships in one sistem to halt an anemy which clearely has no intention of leaving the sistem. I mean come on you must be joking!

If you want to stop them just blocade the reaking nodes or colapse them but you DO NOT send all of your fleet to be presumably destroyer by imaginary 100 or more destroyers and hundreds upon hundreds of cruisers and corvettes!
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I cannot read your post because they are to unintelligible.No offense. :P
Besides the ships were in Capella Before the Invasion.They stayed there to help the Civs.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
By any account, the battle for Capella was lost upon the sighting of the third Sathanas. There was simply nothing the GTVA could do to stop a second or even a third--the Colossus was quite banged up... even if you kept the Big C at highest hull strength, she went around for a rampage and got battered up from that as well. By the time they saw a second Sathanas, the GTVA was very afraid. That's likely when they started drafting evacuation plans for every system, starting with another evacuation of the Nebula and followed by all systems! The GTVA would have no idea what the objectives of the Shivans was to be this time... they probably thought that the Shivans were headed back for Sol after laying waste to each and every system with multiple Sathani.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
What do you mean? Even Terrans and Vasudans do the same. Only difference: they prefer to keep their destroyers far from the battlefield. But in FreeSpace 1, the Galatea was oftentimes sortied without no apparent reason.

What i meant is that the shivans can toss out cruisers and corvettes as if they were wings of fighters compared to the gtva in capella.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Are you sure? How you can say it? The number of Shivan cruisers and corvettes encountered in the last missions is...normal. With the NTF, things were similar.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is just ridiculous! The fleet was not sent to capella to evacutae the civilians! The plasnwere drawn up for the GTVA to evcuate capella the 3-rd fleet was  pulled out of capella and reinforcements were sent to help the 3-rd fleet in evacuating capella! Oh and about them not knowing what the shivans were dooing well when you have 80+ 5 km warships around the capella star well t least they are all haded that way at some poiunt you can pretty much asume they are not gooing to go after you sistems! Also tring to halt the shivans in capella would be idiotic since they would not stand any chance of dooing so! They would have better chances of inflicting damage if they went out of capella and imposed blocades!
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
They must hve had some impressive blockedes in EP :nod:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
What I don't understand is how some of you think that the Shivans have over 80 Sathanas juggernauts but fewer destroyers. It seems... Stupid. IMHO, of course.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
There were only a few destroyers because the Shivans wanted to make Capella go Supernova. They needed the Sathanes for that. The other warships they sent were used as attrition against the GTVA fleet's movements. And to kill civilians.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
You're all weird. What makes you think the Shivans had few destroyers?