The Battle of Neptune - Director's Cut
Operation Fortune is beginning to unravel. Defections paralyse the GTVA 14th Battlegroup as the true nature of the reunion is laid bare.
Scattered reports of inter-dimensional space travel cause panic throughout the GTVA Security Council, as it now finds itself at war with the United Earth Federation.
Fly as Ensign Callum Rahman, a rookie pilot aboard the GTD Meridian, as Admiral Cyrus Severanti leads the vanguard of the GTVA in an operation to seize Neptune.
Experience the first major battle of the War in Heaven through GTVA eyes for the first time. The final version of the mission first glimpsed here.Original Features:
- All new intelligence data developed by the GTD Meridian's Intelligence Cell. Understand the war as a young GTVA pilot would have.
- New HUD warning and missile lock tones taken from modern fighter aircraft.
- Ability to activate HUD Radar Icons thanks to the work of Svedalrain, Lafiel, and MitoPL.
- Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATADS). Call for Trebuchet fire from GTVA heavy assault wings on UEF gunships. Inspired by real-life targeting and infra-red guidance software.
- Checkpoints! Courtesy of Admiral MS and Goober5000's script.
- Glossary of military terms. Available from Tech Room->Database->Intelligence.Director's Cut Features:
- Full voice acting, featuring 34 different voice actors. Focus on flying your fighter through one of the biggest battles of the war as your radio blares with target calls, missile launches, and the screams of those who die trapped in their cockpits.
- Bonus content. Experience the impact of sustained combat with an additional bonus mission.
- Nameplates for all of the capital ships, thanks to Colt.
- Hull repair mechanic. Take advantage of the tireless work of the GTVA flight deck crew and land to repair your hull mid-mission. Concept thanks to Battuta.
- FSO Build 21.4.0.
- Blue Planet: Complete installed.
Once installed, select campaign "The Battle of Neptune" from the campaign room to play.
With thanks to Strygon, Erebus Alpha, Asteroth, and AdDur for their extensive testing of the mission through development to release; The E and Darius for their testing and creative guidance; and Ertanax for their creative input. And a special thank-you to Renegade Paladin who served as the 2IC of the project and sunk countless hours into testing, voice-acting, and acting as a sounding board for many of the concepts at odd hours of the day.
Voice Acting Credits:
James William Rees-Dobbs (Colonol Dekker) as CMDR Jakub Gryffon, Alpha 1Jordan Scherer
as ENS Ava Zadzisai, Alpha 2
Steven T. (Shadaloo) as Alpha 3 and Trident Kappa 4Renegade Paladin
as CMDR Reiji Nash, Beta 2 and Speargun Delta 2
jg18 as LTJG Nathan Austin, Speargun Delta 1Red Mage Joe
as ENS Kamil Knight, Speargun Delta 3, and Draco 3Sararose Willey - Sararose VA on Fiverr
as ENS Rebecca Sharma, Speargun Delta 4jessfisher97
as LT Eilene Than, Speargun Alpha 1
Zach Kirchner (DizzyKoop) as Admiral Cyrus Severanti, CO MeridianNicolle Zambrano
as Meridian Tactical
Grady Grey as CO Nova, Enfield Epsilon 4 and Trident Gamma 1Emma Thorne
as Captain Robin O'Neill, CO NakatomiIain ‘Sessile_Nomad’ Baker
as Captain Iftikhar, CO Harpy
LoneWolf271 as CO Adelaide, Wargod 3-2
Warren Bacal as GTVA Command, Vengeance Tactical, and Vengeance Control
Lionheart as CO Theodocia
Perihelion as LCPL Xavier Barletta (GTVA Crew Chief), Omicron 4, and Skull Epsilon 1
Kevin 'stripedpolkadots' Nguyen as Enfield Zeta 1, Trident Kappa 2, Draco 1, and Meridian Control
Atzel Esquivel as Rider Alpha 2, Enfield Zeta 3, and Draco 3
Hailey Buck as Enfield Delta 1 and Trident Iota 3
Oliveira as Rider Alpha 3 and Trident Kappa 1LisaF
as Mustang Delta 2 and Omicron 5Connor Holt
as Strike Package Yankee and 48XAnnabobanna
as Captain Merino
Anthony Faye as Mustang Delta 1
Barry Mills as Trident Iota 2
Brick79410 as Rider Alpha 1
Cairn Remedy as Skull Kappa 1
Carlos José Guerrero (Chenchurrio) as Wargod 6
Lafiel as Thunder 3-2
Lawrence Trotti as Trident Gamma 2
mmmK-ultra as Nighthawk
Sparda as Omicron 1Shirin Maeve
as Cold Steel 6
Vynn as Razor Alpha 1
Tags: Blue Planet, fan fiction, military fiction. Voice acted. Balanced for Medium and Hard Difficulties. NB: Medium Difficulty includes a number of UEF handicaps in order to support gameplay. Play on Hard Difficulty to have the authentic GTVA experience.