Author Topic: New Campaign/Mod - FSAR  (Read 22171 times)

Offline Art Kelson

• Ontop a Mountain
New Campaign/Mod - FSAR

Version: 0.0.7
Game Files needed: Freespace 2 Retail, Freespace 2 Open_3.6.9 and VP Files
Build up Machine: Sempron 64 Bit 3000+ (1.81 GHz), 1.5 Gigs RAM, ATI X1300-EE
Mods included: 5 new Bases, 6 new Capitals, 1 new Fighter descripted in the Credits Section
Campaign Status: 1 Mission

Installation:

1. Make sure you have FS2 and FCP 3.6.9 with all extra VPs installed (3.6.8z)
2. extract the downloaded File in a Folder of your Choice
3. copy the FSAR (Mod)-Folder into your Freespace2 Folder, like you did with "mediavps" Folder from FCP Download
4. Start the FCP Launcher and click the Table "Mod"
5. Choose FSAR as your Mod and click OK (usage of FCP and its Mediavps is already enabled, via Mod.ini File)
6. Start FS2 via the FCP_3.6.9 Starter
7. Have Fun !!!

Content:

- First Mission settled in the FSAR Universe
- Complete Overhaul of Story, Universe and Timeline now included into Ingames History Description
- Completely redesigned Designation for Spacevessels now included into Ingames Tech Description
- Starmaps included as Goodie
- 13 new Spacevessels, primary Installations and Capital Ships
- 8 new Weapons, installed on the new Vessels
- Dozens of new FRED Backgrounds, including Sol System and fire Nebulas

Content when done:

- 13 new Star Sectors with 80+ Star Systems for lots of Mission making Space (90%)
- Complete Overhaul of Story, Universe and Timeline imported to the Ingame History and Expression (95%)
- Complete redesigned Designation for Spacevessels imported into Ingame Ship Description (95%)
- Complete redesigned Designation for Weapons imported into the Ingame Weapons Description (0%)
- Campaign settled in the FSAR Universe (3%)

Story:

Stardate 8.8.2374. Battle at Olympos. The united Terran, Vasudan and smaller Cultures Fleets, in struggle with the Shivans. Theyr Hive has finally been found and the Federation has already started theyr Invasion of Olympos IV, about 18000 Lightyears away from Sol. Terran Marines try to bring a new invented Virus into the Shivans Hive and so any of them might be infected. The Shivans Queen starts its last affort for Counter Measures and orders theyr Satanus Ships to create a Supernova, destroying the Olympos Sector Star at Hand. If they know they die, they kill everything with them.

This is where this Part of the Story begins (ends). Long Time has passed since the Humanoids have spoke out the Word Victory. Milliards of Lifes have been extincted, departured or killed whilst Galactic Warfare, even Sol was once in the Grasp of the ultimative Agony, the Shivan Thread, the Hordes that came in Masses, like Locusts eatin up the World and leaving any System plank and without Life.

To that Date the Shivans have been thrown back, an Empire has to fall, a Lightbringer has to die and a whole Galaxy has to be unified, to End that surreal Battle against a cold and doubtless Foe. A less mistified and a more horrible, monstrous and furious Campaign needs to take Place and a young Pilot has to tell his Story, about the dark Time.

Can you hear them crying ?...Voices of the dead Souls floating through the Vacuum, beging for relief.

This Campaign is set up in a totally alternated Freespace Universe. A new Galaxy with more then 80 unique Systems giving lots of Mission making Space. All Shiptechdetails, completely overhauled and every Spacevessel with a new technical Designation. Completely rearranged History and a complete new Story, independent from the original Freespace Universe.

The first Mission:

You are Egon. Egon Mariner, based on the infamous Outpost Garrison in Homebound System, Sol Sector. You have been send to the Outpost to enforce the 128. Homeguard Division, which is responsible for Security in the inner Empire Sectors. Its just a normal Day, with a normal Patrol. Nothing Special at all. Well, its just the Life of a Marine.

I was always wondered ???. Why do Pilots know of the latest intelligence Information, whilst parts of the Command doesnt even have a Clue off. Well, Egon gets a really rough Introduction into his Duty, commanded by an annoyed Lieutnant (Tooner) and a even more annoyed Outpost Command Communicator, which obviously dont like to Babysit Navy Academian Newbies.

Starmaps:

Download Version 0.0.7 Alpha

http://www.file-upload.net/download-887649/FSAR.7z.html

In 0.0.7 all the Background Info is imported into the Game. There are some Placeholder .Ani Files which will be replaced by real Anis, once i found a more comfortable Way to make .MVE and .ANI or .EFF Files. The "tstring.Tbl" has been set up for booth, English and German Language, so theyr shouldnt be any Conflicts.

Credits included into Readme.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 06:24:20 pm by Art Kelson »
Bosch does Drugs...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
... and I hope there are still People playing FS2 Open...and watching for new Campaigns...
-ROFLMArseO
:lol: :wakka: :lol:
Cya...

...Not so fast...

Gunnery Control, target Art Kelson.  Begin plasma core insertion.  Sensor lock aquired, commence firing sequence...
:welcome:
Welcome to the the HLP Forums.  Exits are to the sides and rear.  Don't plan on using them though, someone let the hosted projects put all their stuff in there so they're all but inaccessible.  In the event of an emergency, flamethrowers are stowed under your seat but due to budget cuts, they are now filled with holy water.  There are pulse rifles and assorted heavy weapons in the lockers up front; these can be opened only by admins, a :v: - god, or a hyper-intelligent shade of the color blue.  These weapons are reserved for the Apocalypse, bad April Fools jokes, and the mention of eF eS thr33, in that order, so don't get your hopes up about using them.  In the event of a water landing, your seat cushion can be used as a flotation device, and you'll find a week's supply of Bosch Beer hidden inside.  There's a 95% probability that the beer isn't actually beer, and no one is really sure why you'd need a flotation device in deep space, but hopefully these will provide some small comfort.

Feel free to get acquainted with the place while you're here, and do be careful when exploring the ventilation systems.  If you encounter a large 5-limbed creature, don't panic.  Just set down your lunch and back away very slowly.  If you're lucky it will just be Carl, our resident shivan, who responds quite well to bribes of food.  If it's not Carl, and it's in a good mood, at least your death should be quick and painless.  If you're particularly unlucky though you might get dragged into a religion or politics thread, in which case may God have mercy on your soul. 

:D

Offline Art Kelson

• Ontop a Mountain
Well my English is a bit...rusty...so it took me a while to understand what you actually mean... :D

But now that I understand,I have to say...I never ever had such an funny Welcome on any other Forum,I was before...fasten youre Seat Belts...Emergency Exits to the Rear and Sides...ROOFFLLOLMUAARR... :wakka:

So there are still People playing it ???...really im asking cause I dont know...

So what about these Gods...to I have to be afraid... :D

As you can see...im really planning a new Campaign for FS2 Open...even that I know there are Multiple others on your Wiki Site...well I guess I played them all (not all actually...but most of them... :D).

Im doing this cause i ever want to make a Campaign...so why dont post it here in the Forum...

The Campaign is completely different from the vanilla Freespace 2 Story...I did that,cause I was binded to the original Story,that have been continued for about thousands of Times...so I created a new Universe,that let me do my complete own Story...

I have made a Downloadpackage and will upload it somewhere sometime at Todays late Afternoon...I still have to do the modified Shipdetailslist and the Ship.tbl...but then I can do an Alpha Release...I also did a Trailer...but I have to do it again...because it just su:ick:...

be Back later...
CYA...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 06:17:59 am by Art Kelson »
Bosch does Drugs...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
People still play FS1 and FS2. Thanks to FS2_Open they're actually increasing in popularity over the last couple of years. :)

Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Art Kelson

• Ontop a Mountain
People still play FS1 and FS2. Thanks to FS2_Open they're actually increasing in popularity over the last couple of years. 

Nice to hear that...its quite a while since FCP has been released,so I just dint know...

OK People I think this is getting Serious...i finally found out that I can clean up my Ships.tbl,and now its 250 Kb of Size...you´re Wiki and that FS Oracle are pretty usefull... :D

I already have my Set of .3Ds Ship Files...the Problem...I dont know how to .Pof them...is that much of work,can I learn it fast ???...or is anyone able to do,it if its not much of Work ???

The second Think...about the Shipnames...I could actually modifie the Ships.Tbl´s Terran+Vasudan Bomber and Fighters...after I modified the Shivan Bomber and Fighters,it crashed...is the amount of renamed Ships limited,or are there any Ships that shouldnt have an alternative Name ???...Sry to ask,but im not half as good in modding FS,like fredding it... :confused:

The Error File says "SF Mara" as this was one of the Shivan Fighters i have altered...also the Terran "Mara"...is this compared to another ???

I hope someone can Help,cause I want to get the most out of the Campaign,if possible...THX...
Bosch does Drugs...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
What build of FSO are you using? You're not using the one from the big FS2+SCP all in one torrent download by any chance?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Art Kelson

• Ontop a Mountain
My Freespace 2 Version is from a German Game Magazine called Gamestar...so its the German Version,but it let me play the Main and several Custom Campaigns without any Problems...

I got FSO(FCP) directly from they´re Site...i downloaded the 3.6.7 Core,the 3.6.9 Installer and the MVz.Pack...installed it and thats it...

By the way i rather decided to take some already made .Pof Ships,then importing new .3Ds´s...the Files I downloaded where corrupt...,it all where WC Ships.I think I import some from FS 1,so I can finally do the complete "alternate History" Mod... :D

I have uploaded the first Package...feel free to post any Comment,in what you think about the Idea...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 05:24:43 am by Art Kelson »
Bosch does Drugs...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I got FSO(FCP) directly from they´re Site...i downloaded the 3.6.7 Core,the 3.6.9 Installer and the MVz.Pack...installed it and thats it...
You don't still have the core files hanging around your FreeSpace dir, do you?
I mean, the 3.6.7 core.vp isn't in your FS dir, is it?

Offline Art Kelson

• Ontop a Mountain
You don't still have the core files hanging around your FreeSpace dir, do you?
I mean, the 3.6.7 core.vp isn't in your FS dir, is it?

I have the Core,Effects,Roots and all the other VPs in my Freespace 2 Folder...because the FCP 3.6.9 ReadMe told me to do so...by the Way the Directories in my Data Folder are completely empty...what they wasnt before...

another Weird think is that I set in about 6 new Ships...making my Ships.tbl greater then 415 Kb...and it didnt Crash... :confused:...im totally confused,since almost every FS Site tells me,not to grow the Ships.tbl above 400 Kb...

Im asking again...isnt it possible to change the Ship Names ???
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 05:14:44 am by Art Kelson »
Bosch does Drugs...

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Please do not use 3.6.7 mediavps. Use the much more recent 3.6.8 Zeta mediavps with their patches instead.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,39905.0.html

And place those files into 'mediavps' directory (freespace2/mediavps). Create it if you havent already got it.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/karajorma/FAQ/intro.html

Ships.tbl file size limit does not exists any longer with SCP (FS Open) builds but in the current release the number of the shipclasses is still limited to 130. Names of the shipclasses can be edited.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Art Kelson

• Ontop a Mountain
the number of the shipclasses is still limited to 130

I have put in 12 new Ships...the best I could get....Tbl is now 380 Kb,no Problems

Names of the shipclasses can be edited.

Do you mean this Entry...$Name:

or one of thoose...$Short name:...+Type:

Please do not use 3.6.7 mediavps. Use the much more recent 3.6.8 Zeta mediavps with their patches instead.And place those files into 'mediavps' directory (freespace2/mediavps). Create it if you havent already got it.

I have put in the 3.6.7 Files,the MZV Pack...and THEN I installed 3.6.9 Installer,via Internet it downloaded a Tons of Files...about 4 Hours...arent they up to Date ???

Thats the Start Text of the ReadMe lying in the mediaVps Folder...

================================
==  FS2_OPEN MEDIA VP ( 3.6.8 ) ==
================================
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 01:00:39 pm by Art Kelson »
Bosch does Drugs...

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
As said... With current FreeSpace Open the file size does not matter.

And i mean the $Name: as that is what 'begins' a ship's table entry. Though all of those can be edited.

http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Ships.tbl

The files downloaded via the installer should be up to date. All mediavp files ought to be their own directory (named 'mediavps') to avoid possible issues with mods/retail FS.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Art Kelson,
the open installer put the new vps in <fs2dir>\mediavps
You just need to make sure the old 3.6.7 files aren't hanging around.
If you're not sure, then open a command prompt (in 2K, XP, 2K3 its Start>Run>cmd Enter, in 9x its command Enter)
switch to your FS2 dir.  type:
Code: [Select]
cd\games\freespace2ENTER
as long as your FS2 is in the same drive as your windows.  If not, type (replace "c" with "your FS2 drive letter")
c:ENTER
then switch to your FS2 dir.
Now, type in:
dir /ogm /b /s>FS2dir.txtThen, attach the file FS2dir.txt to your next post (FS2dir.txt will be in your FS2 root directory, unless you typed in something like
dir /ogm /b /s>%userprofile%\My Documents\FS2dir.txtin which case, the file would be in your "My Documents" folder.
:D

Offline Art Kelson

• Ontop a Mountain
Ok first to say...thanks for that CMD Stuff...i figured out that I dont have the 3.6.7 Media VPs...heres the .Txt File...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=12384TUC

You just need to make sure the old 3.6.7 files aren't hanging around.

there was some misunderstanding of the upper Post...a Smiley prevent you to see that the Media Read Me says 3.6.8...I corrected that...

And i mean the $Name: as that is what 'begins' a ship's table entry. Though all of those can be edited.

Thats the Problem...i read the Wiki,but it doesnt said anything about which Name I can alter...i manipulated the $Name:,to give the Ships new Names...it worked with Terran+Vasudan Fighters+Bombers...but not with Shivans...didnt tested Capitals yet...thats why I asked,if there are Ships that shouldn´t be renamed...

« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 01:27:58 pm by Art Kelson »
Bosch does Drugs...

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Looking at your file listing...

NEVER EVER make/install mods into the main FreeSpace 2 data directory. Use separate mod directories instead. And do not install/leave any mediavps or other mods into the main FreeSpace 2 directory.

And there arent any ships that can not be renamed. How else would total conversions such as The Babylon Project or Wing Commander Saga be possible.

These seem to be in the wrong place
D:\Games\FreeSpace2\Mafdet.vp
D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mv_core.vp
D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mv_effects.vp
D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mv_models.vp
D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mv_music.vp
D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mv_textures.vp
D:\Games\FreeSpace2\Sirona.vp
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 01:35:06 pm by Wanderer »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
@Art:
Delete these files:

You already have the newest versions here:

D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps\mv_core.vp
D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps\mv_effects.vp
D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps\mv_models.vp
D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps\mv_music.vp
D:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps\mv_textures.vp

EDIT: @Wanderer: dang!  You beat me! ;)

EDIT2: @Art: Sirona.vp and Mafdet.vp , what are those?

Offline Art Kelson

• Ontop a Mountain
THX...So I deleted theese...

I also deleted the 3.6.7 MZv Pack since I dont need it at all...everythings fine... :o

Sirona.vp and Mafdet.vp , what are those?

Theese are Custom Made Ship .Vp´s...the TCa Sirona and the VCa Mafdet...:D

NEVER EVER make/install mods into the main FreeSpace 2 data directory. Use separate mod directories instead. And do not install/leave any mediavps or other mods into the main FreeSpace 2 directory.

Im already learning how to pack my own .Vp´s with VPMage...but i have Problems with the Hirarchie...

And there arent any ships that can not be renamed. How else would total conversions such as The Babylon Project or Wing Commander Saga be possible.

Ill start a new Try...maybe I did something wrong...

« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 03:48:02 pm by Art Kelson »
Bosch does Drugs...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
...those custom ships you built.. the custom ships.tbl is in your FreeSpace2\data\tables folder?
You could make your own mod directory, eg:
FreeSpace2\<FSAR>\
your .vp s would go in the above dir; your custom tables, etc (until you put them in a .vp file) would go in
FreeSpace2\<FSAR>\data\tables
FreeSpace2\<FSAR>\data\models
etc...
Then you'd want to create a mod.ini file in the
FreeSpace2\<FSAR>\
directory.
[launcher]
image255x112 = <FSARpic.bmp if you want one>;
infotext     = <FSAR description and or storyline if you want.>;
website      = <FSAR website>;
forum        = http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,45802.0.html;

[multimod]
primarylist  = ;
secondarylist = mediavps;

[settings]
flags = <FSAR needed flags here, eg -spec; , kara says none needed, so leave blank>;
This will configure FSAR to load mediavps when you select it from the Launcher, also it will add the flags you specify to the command line.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 10:01:15 pm by jr2 »

Offline Art Kelson

• Ontop a Mountain
Im beginning to wonder why im still consulting the Tutorials...it seems they are pretty old and not up to Date with FCP...but who needs the Wiki,if there´s a jr2... :D

those custom ships you built

ehhrrmm...I didn´t made them...theese are Custom made Community Ships,besides the 10 other I want to implement,which are .Pof Files...

the custom ships.tbl is in your FreeSpace2\data\tables folder?

Not anylonger... :D

« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 04:10:32 pm by Art Kelson »
Bosch does Drugs...

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
GVC Mafdet, by Aldo I think.

DL Inferno...you may change the number of ships you actually want to insert.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]