Author Topic: RELEASE: A Collection of Old Projects by Mustang19  (Read 2541 times)

RELEASE: A Collection of Old Projects by Mustang19

Prepare for an all new mod.

No voiceacting. No playtesting. No plot.

Even worse, now we're going to have some stupid GIF animation bandwagon thing going on.

Prepare for...

Some USELESS STUFF!

Who: GTF Angel model converted to FS1 by Goober5000; FSPort mission conversion plus moral support from Admiral Nelson

What: Several half-completed projects of mine that were sitting on my hard drive.

Where: Download from Mediafire or Nukelol.

Why: A good chunk of what the FreeSpace community has accomplished will never even be released. What was left out of the recent TVWP release? What were Ransom's plans for the sequel to Transcend (which we'll almost certainly never see)? Here is one such collection of ideas that never saw the light of day. I hope that our stingier project leaders will some day release their unused material as well. There's no such thing as embarassment on the Internets. If you have an interesting idea that was never fully completed, let us look at it.

For its part, Useless Stuff features some novelties. Most signficantly, there's a full-motion cutscene and a new approach to Newtonian combat. And just for S's and G's, there's an FS1 campaign - actual, real FS1 - thrown in.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 12:28:49 pm by Mustang19 »

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Re: RELEASE: A Collection of Old Projects by Mustang19
Heh, good show!
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yay!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
A good chunk of what the FreeSpace community has accomplished will never even be released. What was left out of the recent TVWP release? What were Ransom's plans for the sequel to Transcend (which we'll almost certainly never see)? Here is one such collection of ideas that never saw the light of day. I hope that our stingier project leaders will some day release their unused material as well. There's no such thing as embarassment on the Internets. If you have an interesting idea that was never fully completed, let us look at it.

Most people don't release their plans for a dead project in hopes it may start back up again. Which is a good thing, or else we'd see 500 crappy mods with MT's gold in them... :nervous:

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
http://www.nukelol.com/downloads/freespacefiles/campaigns/usfinal.zip

May not really be a campaign, but I don't know where else to put it.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Oh my god, you actually hosted this ****. It's not a campaign, and I didn't have a good reason for releasing this in the first place. It was mostly a matter of, "I've finished 90% of this, I'm not going to not release it." There was a lot of hesitation, but I decided to release Useless Stuff simply because it was nearly completed and it would be a waste not to.

Well, thank you for the bandwith. Mediafire was doing just fine, but thanks for the thought.