Author Topic: RELEASE: Rogues! (8-mission minicampaign)  (Read 19201 times)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Re: RELEASE: Rogues! (8-mission minicampaign)
I can't see Renegade in the Explore tab, and the Rogues version is the one I uploaded a month or so ago (ID: rogues2020). If there's a second version, I can't see that.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

I do not see either one when using Knossos. I double checked last night.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I heard Knossos does keep track of download figures somewhere, but the figures themselves are rather tricky to extract and analyze. I think they should become public - we used to have download counters on a number of websites, such as FSMods (and they can still be seen via direct access to the website's backup). They're definitely a good, though not absolute, activity indicator.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Whatever happened to this one?  I played it on release day and finished it, and the next day it was gone

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
What do you mean? It's on Knossos and the MediaFire link works, too. (Just checked both).

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

If it  is on Knossos, it is invisible.

[attachment deleted to save space]
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 10:40:26 am by ShivanSlayer »

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Well... i actually have no idea.

I still see it in the Explore Tab...  :confused:

Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

I don't see a Renegade resurgence either

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
That's weird. I can see Rogues! on my end. Can anyone confirm its absence? Maybe I need to turn something on in the Developer tab?
Does the MediaFire link work?

I can't see Renegade. I wasn't aware it was up at all.

Can you see Luyten Civil War? I can see two versions, one with a shipyard icon, the other with a Medusa. Just wondering.

[EDIT]Strangely enough, it's not that version of Rogues! that I can see. Mine is with a green background icon.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 12:42:41 pm by TopAce »

There are indeed two Luyten Civil wars. The one with the shipyard is more up to date.

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
I have no idea, what is causing this.

Updated the meta data of both. But i have no indication if this is working now, as it is worked for my "normal user" Knossos profile for ages before already.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 12:47:46 pm by Novachen »
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Still nothing

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
This is what my Knossos looks like at R and S.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 01:44:03 pm by TopAce »

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
This is what my Knossos looks like that R and S.

That seems to be another version of Rogues actually... as it have a total different Thumbnail.  :lol:

All of this is very strange. Last year a whole update of Shadow Genesis went missing completely for everybody... and now even Mods does not appearing for all users.

The only thing i did not tried yet, was to push a new version... but as i do not have any update ready, that would break the versioning i have completely... and i would not like that.

As RR and Rogues was last made compatible with MVP 4.0 i could make a new compatibility update however. But I will not be able to do that today.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 01:32:40 pm by Novachen »

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
That's the version I uploaded, believing it wasn't on Knossos at all. It's got the ID "rogues2020".

I played a version of Rogues where it didn't use MediaVPs, so it played with the original Freespace 2 graphics
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 05:48:52 pm by ShivanSlayer »

Neither Rogues or Renegades show up for me.

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
If i think about it...

I have to admit, that i am actually unsure, if i should release an update at all for all the campaigns like Rogues, RR, SF, ItHoV, VM etc...

Last time i rereleased older campaigns i get heavy harassed for it on Discord or in the Forum that even caused that my Account was hacked, only because people wanted to gain the credit as updater of older campaign by themselves as it turned out later, or at least they did not want to leave the credit to a female.

I have to say, that i do not have any big interest to get in the crosshairs once again.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Okay, I did something on Knossos. Can you see it now?

And here? https://www.fsnebula.org/mods I can see it there with download links and a notification that there's no mod.ini included.

Yes, I can see Rogues and just downloaded