Author Topic: [RELEASE] Shadow Genesis: 2017 Edition  (Read 177683 times)

Re: [RELEASE] Shadow Genesis: 2017 Edition
Ran into a problem with the new update...when I get to the end of mission 1 it will not end. I try to go into subspace but nothing happens. The HUD is also missing

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 05:50:48 pm by CapellaGoBoom »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
When exactly? Civilian liner blew up?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

When exactly? Civilian liner blew up?

Right after it blew up and SOC comes in and mops up the enemy fighters

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
That's strange. We never encountered it before. It will be checked out.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Mh no idea, what is causing this all of the sudden. And i was ensured that the original releases were playtested numerous times, so that there should be only minor bugs :nervous:

I did not changed anything at the missions. I only resaved some of them, as Debug FRED2 went wild about invalid player orders. With a re-save they simple got deleted from the mission file. That should not have such effects however  :confused:
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Same problem here, downloaded via Knossos, went to play and first mission gets stuck after cruiser blows up. No HUD, can't warp out

Offline Madeye

• Knowledge is power
Had same problem. You need  to be right next to the cruiser when it blows up. Then it should work :)

Had same problem. You need  to be right next to the cruiser when it blows up. Then it should work :)

Tried that twice but no cigar

Offline Madeye

• Knowledge is power
That is weird, it helped me. Try enabling immortality cheat perhaps? No idea why it should help, however I remember having cheats enabled and using them after x-th trial to pass the mission (to quicken atomic bomb event by instakilling all the hostiles)

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
Well, because it is end of the year and i do not want to have any unfinished business left, i uploaded a bunch of updates for my releases (mostly non-FS related, as all MVP 4.0 compatibilty versions were released weeks ago) during the last couple of days.

I actually waited for any more information from Nyctaeus about this reported bug during the whole time... and also for maybe any other critical bug report.

Well, i got nothing.
And after two months i think i have waited long enough.

So i made a small update that fixes the mentioned bugs in "Intro" and "Embraces of chaos". Both missions should work now like intended.

Additionally i activated MediaVPs 4.0.X by default and also changed some tables for additional translation support.

Changelog:
Version 2019.1.1
• Fixed a bug in "Intro" that caused a faulty cutscene camera sometimes.
• Fixed a bug in "Embraces of chaos" that prevented mission continue after the destruction of the Istanbul.
• Added MediaVPs 4.0.X compatibility.
• Added additional translation support.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 06:18:14 am by Novachen »
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Are you planning to translate this one as well?

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
Are you planning to translate this one as well?

Not so soon.
Priority in translations are still VA campaigns. After that, i plan to translate all campaigns that are based upon the story of VA campaigns. (Like Vassago Dirge for BP, Into the Halls of Valhalla for Derelict etc.) and only after that it is time for all the other original unvoiced work.

So Shadow Genesis will not be translated anytime soon by me. But i can still prepare it for that matter, if not for me, maybe for other-language communites... or maybe even another german player.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Just as an NB, Vassago’s Dirge isn’t based on BP. BP just likes it and pays homage.

there is a bug in the mission devil plain.

the aequitas getting bumped into the station,after the checkpoint.

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
Re: [RELEASE] Shadow Genesis: 2020 Edition
there is a bug in the mission devil plain.

the aequitas getting bumped into the station,after the checkpoint.

The new update fixes that.
I am looking forward to any other bug you encounter :).

Next to that mentioned mission, i also fixed a small model bug, that prevented that one of the turrets is shooting. A slightly repositioned turret fixed that however.
Also i enhanced the localization capabilities once again, so that much more can be translated for the own preference.

Changelog:
Version 2020.1.0
• Fixed a bug in "Devil's plain" that caused a collision between the GTCv Aequitas and Selfridge Installation.
• Fixed a turret in the GTI Aeglos model that did not work.
• Added additional translateable alternative subsystem names for better localization capabilities.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 01:52:47 pm by Novachen »

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Great news :-)

Can I ask a small favour please? Could you tell me the name of the AI profile for S.G please? I need it for my auto-aim table.

Secondly, I think I bound a key which the campaign uses (oops) and so couldn't complete the 'Art of Negotiation' - when I pressed the key to plant the tracking device on the pirate ship nothing happened. Problem is I can't remember what it needs to put back to to work. Any ideas? PS - are there any other keys bound to specific events I should know about so I know not to re-bined them too ;-)

Cheers :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

You can just open FRED, go to Editors, "Mission Specs" and you can see which AI profiles are available.

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
Great news :-)

Can I ask a small favour please? Could you tell me the name of the AI profile for S.G please? I need it for my auto-aim table.

It is called SG.

Mh what is the thing with the auto-aim table? I mean, to shoot more precise on bigger distances this mod uses the Zoom Script after all.

are there any other keys bound to specific events I should know about so I know not to re-bined them too ;-)

As far as i know:
ALT-D & D for the Zoom Script
K and X during the course of missions.

Also some time the multiplayer message keys 1 through 4 are needed as well.

Does the zoom script work as intended now? IIRC it was supposed to work only on certain weapons but ended up working for all.

Offline Novachen

• Twitter
Does the zoom script work as intended now? IIRC it was supposed to work only on certain weapons but ended up working for all.

You asked me that before :lol:.

I do not know. I only used a more current one to fix some crashes i had.
But i do not know if this one is working for specific weapons, now... as it doesn't matter for SG, as it is applied to all weapons by default. The config file from original SG was always empty on this matter.  :nervous:

The only mod i have ever played with some kind of Zoom on one specific weapon, was with the Trash Sniper in the Trash Sniping bonus mission from BtA. But iirc this was a different script.