Author Topic: Steam winter sale  (Read 3959 times)

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
No thread for this yet.  Thought I'd start one.  Was most looking forward to getting a lot of Rocksmith songs at a discount, but that got dicked up.  For the first few days of the sale, singles were 50%, but the packs were only 25%, so it was cheaper to buy individually than with the pack (which is usually a couple bucks cheaper).  Didn't buy anything while it was like that, and now it's dropped to 25% across the board.  But they also never discounted ones released in the past couple months, which is where all the good ones are.  So I barely ended up with any, unless they go back on a bigger sale.  Apparently the 50% was supposed to be a flash sale, even though it never said that.

Also got Audiosurf for a couple bucks, Tomb Raider for $4 (sill on now), and 3Dmark for $5.  Never had a full version before.  Audiosurf is kindof interesting, but I'm glad I paid so little for it, because it's really not much more than an cell phone app kind of thing.  Tomb Raider will go into the backlog.

Up to 6 unique trading cards now.  Maybe this is sale where I'll finally get them all.  (sultanofsick in the HLP group if anyone wants to trade)
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
All I picked up so far was Gunmetal.  I'll probably pick up Tachyon: The Fringe and Dogfight 1942 on the last day, and possibly Wolfenstein: The New Order.  I may also get Bomb (sort of a spiritual successor to Crimson Skies) if it goes on sale.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Eh, there are very few games I feel like getting. I'm still rolling through the games on sale last time.

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
Picked up transistor, XCOM: enemy within and shadowrun: dragonfall. All worth it.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I think I'm starting to run dry on titles I want and could also feasibly run on this antique, so the sales don't scare me nearly as much as they used to.  Whenever I get around to building my dream system though...oh lord.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 11:16:41 pm by Mongoose »

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Just got Far Cry 3, in the franchise pack.  Already had 1 and 2, but it got me Blood Dragon for cheaper than buying them separately, and the DLC thrown in to boot (that I'll disable to start).  Tempted by South Park: The Stick of Truth at $14.  That's more than I like to spend though, and I've got quite a lot already.  Anyone played it yet?
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I've seen several videos of it, and while the gameplay seems rather straightforward, the presentation and dialog are goddamn hilarious.  Provided you enjoy South Park humor, obviously. :p

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I think I'm starting to run dry on titles I want and could also feasibly run on this antique, so the sales don't scare me nearly as much as they used to.  Whenever I get around to building my dream system though...oh lord.

"No"

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
Picked up Back to the Future: The game.  I was actually really pleased with it.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken