Author Topic: The Star Citizen HLP Brigade  (Read 38121 times)

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: The Star Citizen HLP Brigade
Have we got an Aquitaine yet? :D
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Gah I caved, add a Retaliator to my list as well. Guess I like Aegis Dynamics...

At any rate, soon we're going to need a Bengal with these kinds of ships. At least the Retaliators are jump-capable.
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline Aesaar

Yeah, like Deathsnake, I traded in my M50 and Gladiator for a Retaliator.  The HLP Brigade has got a nice heavy bomber wing going now.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 09:52:14 pm by Aesaar »

Can't blame you, life is just more fun with a bomb bay full of antimatter bombs.  :nod:
~Nighteyes

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
    • German Wing Commander Site
In the RSI Forums are now a few answers. Like the Constellation with 2 Missiles - that are those Missilepods. So if their right
12 Class 3 Slots with 8 FF Missile = 96 Missiles

Together in a formation of 3-4 = 15-20 Turrets and 288-384 missiles (if no torpedos need) ^^ Hell of a Gunboat :)

And much more faster then the Gladiator:
GL: 1 TR4, 6 TR2 - 39t
RE: 5 TR5, 8 TR2 - 89t
more then half the weight of the Idris - and maybe half that size = ca 70m?

A futuristic B2/B52 Bomber?

Names of the ship ^^

Tali = Bad Betty (like WWII) :D
Hornet - Widow Maker
and (<- Insane in person!)
315p  - Forest runner

PS: @ carbine7 : Maybe with the 25 Million goal and surface battle we drop anti mater bombs at enemy marines. Should be fun ^^
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 02:07:24 am by Deathsnake »
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Why are you guys splurging so much into this game?

A number of reasons:
1 - I should've jumped on the boat during the kickstarter but I happened to miss it somehow
2 - If this is anything like Freelancer I will enjoy it immensely, with the added benefit of being a slightly less sadistic version of EvE
3 - LTI on something as ridiculous as a strategic bomber is bound to be...hilarious.
4 - Honestly I can afford to burn a bit of money at this point. I can justify $350 now for a game I'll likely play for years, much less the added fun/reduced frustration provided by the LTI.
~Nighteyes

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
Thats the way. I don't play in the time of Star Citizen other games. So GTA5, Watch Dogs, Battlefield, Cod? Are those Space games? No? Don't buy!
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Aesaar

Because I'm excited for it and so far, I think it's worth it.  You might disagree, but I'm sure there are things you spend money on that I wouldn't consider worthwhile.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I personally don't plan to spend more than I already have, since all advantages will be for the official server and I doubt I'll spend as much time there as time modding it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 09:41:16 am by MatthTheGeek »
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Mikes

Because I'm excited for it and so far, I think it's worth it.  You might disagree, but I'm sure there are things you spend money on that I wouldn't consider worthwhile.

For me ... supporting a game fully funded by fans, for the fans... is kinda what had me spending quite a bit more than what I would otherwise ever consider spending on any game.

It's an experiment and I really want it to succeed. It's also giving a big finger to the large publishers serving us copy paste sequel after copy paste sequel in the same old genres for years on end.

The ships I actually see merely as a little bonus/extra. Gotta keep in mind it's nothing you won't be able to just buy ingame with ingame credits later on.

Hey guys. Mind if I join the fun? I'm almost never active in the forums, but I'm always annoying people on IRC.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Takano  Aurora

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

Is there any particular reason they shouldn't? 'cuz I'm curious to hear it.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Personally I got the one package that looked like best value for the money spent. Got me Aurora LX, lifetime insurance as well as beta access. It took me really long time to even buy that because I wasn't sure whether I would really get my money's worth out of the game. It's same as pre-ordering a game without having played a demo first. You can't be sure what you really get.

As such I have zero interest buying anything extra. Especially not without knowing how much value those packages actually have. And that is a question of how economy really works in the game, as in how much time and effort I would have to spend into the game to get one of these ships using in-game currency. Not to mention I don't even know whether I'll end up playing in the official servers enough, in which case paying for the extra ships would be essentially wasted.

Too many unknowns to realize the value buying those extra ships will have in the future means I can't help but wonder why are you guys readily spending so much money into this game. It would be different matter if we knew their exact value right here and now, but that would require having played the finished game. Sure, the more money spent the higher chance of quality product and quality support for years to come. But still, money is money and I don't like spending it without knowing the real value of product I am purchasing.

All that said, I am just as guilty of pre-purchasing and impulse buying as the next guy, but live and learn I guess.

Offline Darien

Personally I don't want to spend too much because I think it'll kill the enjoyment of working my way up to bigger ships in-game. I've splurged for a Freelancer, but I've resisted the urge to buy any other ships.

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
If you follow the 24h live stream....next promo will be the Hornet. So what would be a good variation?

I would choice here design 3:

Add in the turret a co-pilot. Make it a bit heavy (22 to 25t) and no Cargo (-3t)
The wings drive out in combat like the F-14 Tomcat! So perfect.
Promo Video with Kenny Loggins Danger Zone and the Pledges goes >>>>>>>>  UP!
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Luis Dias

I will never really understand giving out so much cash for a game that isn't even out there, there isn't even a gameplay beta, little hint on how's it gonna be like, etc.

Then again, I'm poor. Spending 300+ bucks is probably peanuts for some of you.

Offline newman

I have similar views. Pre-purchasing / donating a modest sum to support a game that sounds like something you want is one thing, but for me spending hundreds of dollars on virtual space ships in a game that I may not even like (not to mention we have no idea how these ships will be even balanced in a practical sense) is a big no. Kudos to all who supported it with hundreds of dollars, but in today's economy I can't really afford to blow that much money on an unknown quantity. Sure, the game may end up being awesome, or I may try it for an hour and decide it's not for me. This isn't just any game, their description is basically going after being the mother of all space sims, and being an MMO to boot. That's a tall order, and games that want to "do it all" can in theory turn out amazing, or they can go the way of Derek Smart. Can they deliver? It's not just about throwing enough money at it.. it takes lots of very hard work, and creating a functional, fun to play MMO that won't die after a year isn't easy at all. Don't get me wrong I wish this game all the best but there's no way in hell I'm spending hundreds of dollars on it without knowing for sure what I'll get in return.

And there's also the thing that I like a sense of progression with these games. Not sure if anyone still remembers Privateer 1 - I loved it dearly back in the day. Starting out with a horribly equipped crapbucket and ending up with a fully armed Centurion death machine took some work, and it was at least half the fun. I'm a bit worried about this mechanics of "give us hundreds of dollars to start the game with a death dealing machine". Smells too much like pay to win to me.. again, just my opinion but progressing from a crapbucket to something awesome is usually what keeps me interested. We'll see how getting insurance that's not life time will work in the game, I guess. Again, just my opinion, whoever feels justified throwing hundreds of dollars at it, all power to you.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

For the record, I too don't intend to spend any more "real life" money on in-game items (though I did purchase a couple of physical addons).
I can understand newman's concerns of turning the game into pay-to-win, but I'm optimistically hoping the balance between ships will be good enough that flying an Aurora with several upgrades will be good enough for just about any circumstance. The point about a sense of progression is also something I share newman's opinion on. I suppose the real incentive for spending money now is the LTI, which will be unavailable in a few months.
I wont get too worked up about balance etc until we at least see the alpha, though.

That said, if people want to start off with 10 ships in their hangar and 500$ less in their bank account, by all means. I believe the benefit to the game's development from the extra cash outweighs the potential flood of player piloted high-end ships on launch day.

Now, can we stop talking about how much money we all spent on the game and go back to drooling over the few things we know while turning into fanboys?

Offline Luis Dias

By all means, although I felt strongly to write some doubts over that issue. The "pay-to-win" scenario is almost a given by now to me, and all this constant talk in RSI about milestones and all the increasingly convoluted merchandising and marketing gimmicks to get them more money is making me dizzy in an unfunny way.

Having said that, I think their development cycle is pretty original and promising, and their constant communications with the public pretty cool. I like their outputs, and I still think Roberts and his team have their hearts in the right place. So I am still faithful in the end product.