Author Topic: Starpoint Gemini 3 (Freelancer & WCPrivateer Like Game)  (Read 1192 times)

Starpoint Gemini 3 (Freelancer & WCPrivateer Like Game)
Well here we were recently talking about Rebel Galaxy Outlaw here and now looks like we’ve got another game very similar to Freelancer and Wing Commander Privateer on the way, woohoo lol! The previous Starpoint Gemini games were sort of Freelancer/WCP like but involved tactical capital ship combat whereas this new Starpoint Gemini 3 game is very Freelancer like with Fighter based play and landing on planets & space stations to trade and visit their seedy space bars for work!! It also has an interesting (unfinished) side game where you take control of a small probe infiltrating derelicts and space stations avoiding security systems that sort of reminds me of some of X2 – The Threat’s side missions.

The game is still in early access on steam so naturally it lacks polish but is already looking absolutely gorgeous!! The only fault I have with its otherwise stunning graphics are the very plastic mannequin like people but apparently the devs have said they'll be fixing that.

This guy has done a good video preview of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irhHBt28xxU

Here's some sexy screens I found around the place:

« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 03:10:21 am by Blake00 »
Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- MovieTV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Re: Starpoint Gemini 3 (Freelancer & WCPrivateer Like Game)
Called it! When they showed the trailer I could tell that a full release for 2019 was improbable.
Personally I'll wait either for full release or a more advanced state of development under Early Access.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
But... but... Star Citizen?  :confused:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Called it! When they showed the trailer I could tell that a full release for 2019 was improbable.
Personally I'll wait either for full release or a more advanced state of development under Early Access.

Yeah there's no way this will be finished this year. Lot's more work needed. However what they've done so far looks bloody good!
Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Quest for Glory IV 3D Hexen, Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- MovieTV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation