Author Topic: HD Hud 4BPC [0.6.2]  (Read 1636 times)

This was a modification of the HD Hud created by Shivan Hunter to include the additional Hud gauges added by Blue Planet Complete's War in Heaven. It has grown into an attempt to create a solid, high resolution hud usable with any other mod.

These additional gauges include signal meters and ECM warnings important to the game play of BluePlanet... particularly War in Heaven Act 3.

No new assets were created, instead using the assets from the original HD Hud and assets taken from BPC. Sometime before the 1.0.0 release the hud will be completely revamped with no original assets remaining.

Change Log:
Hidden Text: Show
Pending/Potential Changes
  • None at this time...

• Flipped the active by default flags back to "OFF" for BPC Gauges. (Derp)

• Minor adjustments to fonts to better align with hud elements
  • Moved and inverted signal strength gauge to not overlap axmessage box gauge.

• Switched HUD fonts to truetype fonts for greater readability and easier resizing. Fonts used are very, very similar or identical to previous fonts and no changes should be noticeable. If they are, let me know!
  • Updated axmsg to scale with the hud when correctly configured to do so
    • Changed Sender and Text offsets to origins instead... values are percentage of message gauge width and height. This means an updated config file is needed
  • Changed file name of configuration file to "jd-axmessage.cfg". This is less an attempt to lay claim to the work of axem (which I'm still only figuring out bit by bit) and more an attempt to namespace the specific changes I've made as unique from any other continuation of axmessage script.
  • Changed axmsg to accept width setting in pixels for the width of the backlog

• Relocated Several BPC Guages to better locations.
  • Fixed inconsistent sizing of hud elements within single effects
  • Converted remaining 2+ frame effs to apng
  • Issue with system messages guage has mysteriously solved itself. Will keep an eye on it in the future.
  • Known issue: AxMessage does not scale with the rest of the HUD. Currently only running the game in 1440p resolution looks exactly as intended. This will require further changes to AxMessage Script to fix.
  • Known issue: Training messages are still a little off position and size wize. This is a result of the bug linked in the v0.5.1 changes and will not be resolved till that bug is.
  • Known issue: AxMessage and gauges imported from BPC do not fit the asthetic of the rest of the HUD. Won't fix as the aesthetic of the hud is going to dramatically change Soon™.

• Bugfix: implemented masking for classic AxMessage scripts to avoid double-display of messages.
  • Bugfix: implemented temp fix in AxMessage to help alleviate https://github.com/scp-fs2open/fs2open.github.com/issues/3662 short term.
  • Minor Improvement: Converted some of the EFFs used in the hud to apng instead. Discovered another fso bug in the process. Will finish converting EFFs to a/pngs once bug is fixed.
  • Known issue: AxMessage does not scale with the rest of the HUD. Currently only running the game in 1440p resolution looks exactly as intended. This will require further changes to AxMessage Script to fix.
  • Known issue: In the mission "Ken" in WiH Act1 and again in "Everything is Permitted" in Act 3 there are system messages that should display but don't. While they negatively affect the narrative somewhat there are no gameplay consequences. Still, this is at the top of my list to fix.
  • Known issue: Training messages are still a little off position and size wize. This is a result of the above linked bug and will not be resolved till that bug is.
  • Known issue: AxMessage and gauges imported from BPC do not fit the asthetic of the rest of the HUD. Won't fix as the aesthetic of the hud is going to dramatically change Soon™.
  • Changed name of mod back to something under scoring it's BPC-centric nature. For now. I plan to completely rebuild the mod eventually... as I had always intended to make my own and implementing a hud this way was always a stop-gap measure.

• Ported over some missing functionality from BPC
  • Updated axem's message script to latest version... and then modified it to better suit my needs. You should now have BPC-like messages in any mod that uses this
    • Be aware, as of now this mod will over-ride other mods' font configurations if it loads after them. This is to better support axem's message script.
  • There are bugs in this version that I did not catch before release. No excuses, just making that known. I'm currently focused on HD Radar Icons, but when I'm done with that I will return to this and resolve the issues.

• Changed name to be more generic as I'm moving away from just being an addon for Blue Planet Complete.
  • Cleaned up dependencies.

• Moved radar icons into a separate mod and made that mod a dependency of this one.

• Fixed a knossos error.

• Added unique icons for all remaining ships except a few (need silhouettes from Svedal first). The new icons are under the complete package.
  • Fixed missing or incorrect icons. (might be more)
  • Added standalone test mission for testing radar icons. Needs a beefy computer to run.
  • Will likely split the radar icons off into their own mod in the near future. It will become an dependency for this mod.
  • Reorganized package names. This will break mods that depend on this one until they update their dependencies.

• One more time.... Fixed dependency versioning issues in knossos.

• Fixed dependency versioning issues in knossos.
  • Applied the same command line flags used by MediaVP Upgrades.

• Implemented radar icons for all Blueplanet craft... no more radar blips. Destroyers and Juggernauts each have unique icons matching their silhouette.
  • Added an "advanced" radar icon package. Includes icons matching the silhouettes of iconic warships, fighters, and bombers. The goal is not to give every combat-craft it's own icon but rather to give icons that clearly indicate the craft's combat role, faction, and time period. Additionally, some important craft get unique icons matching their silhouette... such as the Ainsarii, Pegasus, Aurora, Charybdis, and Oculus. Non-combat craft still typically use generic icons to keep radar clutter down.
  • Icons are based on the terrific work of Svedal

• Due to my lack of experience with Knossos... fixed default command line flags in mod.json to match the defaults for Blue Planet Complete
  • No changes to the mod itself

• Moved visibility indicator up slightly to no longer overlap with the new placement of the message window.

• Moved message window up enough to no longer overlap with the radar in most cases (may still overlap when displaying particularly long messages)

0.0.1 - Initial Release
  • Imported Additions to HUD from BP into HD Hud
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 03:55:46 pm by jadeddragoon »