Author Topic: Orion!  (Read 32070 times)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I did release a version with turrets, though they were just for show.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
I know, that's the one I was refering to.  Half the multiparts were grossly out of position though, so I want people to ignore them.  I'm using your turrets on the upgrade though, just repositioned them.  I really like what you did with the little side guns, too, makes the detail much better.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
I think that Kie's images make it look a lot more squished than it really is........
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Let me clarify, do you have a link to the thread where bob released his orion, because i cant find it.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Oh, is that all?  That link has been available in the "HTL Status v2" thread at the top of this forum the whole time.  Anyway, it's in this thread, page 4 IIRC.

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

I think the model suits EA textures better (the Auriga is a double hangared Orion with EA turrets instead of the old style ones)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
:rolleyes:

IMO that's pretty fugly.  No offense to whoever made the EA textures, but it doesn't look right to me.

Well it's just the 'original' HTL Orion with EA textures applied in place of the old ones. Since Stratt's done a better job of the texturing the model with his version, I hope ours will look a bit better as well if we do the same again with our textures.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I think it's largely due to a lack of contrast in terms of shade.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Release time :)

Bob's HTL Orion v1.1 - now with glowpoint goodness.  All POF data created specially for this model and everything should be set up to work correctly the first time around with no table modification, i.e. it's plug-and-play.  Debris included at no extra charge :).

Oh, and it was the right length all along, but the lowest LOD was offset by about 200 meters and made modelview read it out as longer than it was.  It's fixed now but the actual length is and has always been within 2 meters of the original.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 10:57:28 pm by 570 »

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
HURRAH!!!

All hail stratComm!!!

(and mabye bob, juist a bit :rolleyes: )
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Oh, I'm going to add runway glowpoints eventually; should they flow in or out of the bay?

Offline Zarax

In the bay would look be more logical imho
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
out is what was seen in the comand breifings.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
I also say out. Looks neater.

Also would be nice to have that glowing strip thing on the runway, would probably require a new seperate runway texture though.
actualy, mabye not.

Offline Kie99

The second LOD looks like the original orion minus turrets.  That shows progress!
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Yeah I was an idiot and stuck the low LOD turrets on the wrong LOD level.  I may fix that eventually.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
That glowing strip on the runway is absolutely not worth the texture memory costs it'd take to make it glow the way it should.  What I've done with glowpoints should be close enough.  I didn't go overboard with the things, by the way, just put in a bunch on the runway and a few around the dockpoint.  The rest of the ship looks glowy enough without them.  Link updated, same place and I'll add it to the first page.

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
Excellents.

Thank you Bob and StratComm. :D

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
I was thinking you could use a 1x32 or somthing texture of just a dot moving down and tile that across the runway.

And yes, the orion does appear unnaturaly bright for some reason.
actualy, mabye not.