Author Topic: BSG Flash Game  (Read 21450 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
That's not a rollbar, it's a spoiler. It's a tuned battlestar. It's got neon lights underneath and golden rims. :lol:

Maybe it's the Battlestar Xzibit.

well thats scary, have you bugged the development irc?

<Nov 13> [13:26] StarSlayer: Actually newman i think its a spoiler not a rollbar, I bet if you looked at the bow there is a big Intercooler scoop for the turbocharger and its got underbody LEDs
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
Yo dawg I herd you liek being insane so we put cylons in your cylons so you can talk to yourself while you talk to yourself.
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Offline Richard

Ibanez if you're interessted I've made the .png with the transparency of the battlestar that infinity has giv you.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3535/valkyrie.png

EDIT: I mmade this with photshop but I prefer keep the rollbar. But afterall you have to choose it's your project :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 04:44:00 am by Richard »

Offline newman

..but I prefer keep the rollbar.

?! It looks like someone tried to put a cocktail bar between the engines - ridiculous. It was a horrible, horrible idea that looked like crap, apparently even the people who came up with it thought so since it was shown once and never again. That one time was in dock, so.. I'd advise against the frakking cocktail bar.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Richard

Ah XD yes Like a cocktail bar ^^
I can't replace this "cocktail bar" I'm not very strong with photoshop...
If anyone can delete this rollbar and repllace it by the missing part of the engines he can take my png.

Offline tikey

• Not Batman
There, I fixed it for you.

And remember Diaspora team, I'm here if you ever need my amazing photoshop skills.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
There, I fixed it for you.

And remember Diaspora team, I'm here if you ever need my amazing photoshop skills.

[photoshoped image of the battlestar]
NICE!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'll tell Newman to get started on that version right away. :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Rainman

Is anyone still working on this? Its a great idea, great way to keep us waiting until R1 blows everyone's minds.

Offline Richard

Nothing new about this game? Any update?

Offline ibanez

:) It's not a BSG game anymore. :) I'm working on a real-time strategy game with the same engine. I'm afraid I don't have anything to show. But I will when I can! :)

Offline ibanez

Hey guys, I'm watching diaspora development very close. Last trailer is freaking awesome. Can't wait to play but that's not what I have come to say, heres what I promised almost a year ago :) I'm still working on this on my very little spare time. It's a true Real-Time Strategy game where we battle head-on with the computer controlled enemy forces for conquering planets to colonize or sack and build new spacecrafts or turrets for the defense of our planets with the income or to replenish the ranks. :)

Sounds cool? isn't it. I hope I will be able to finnish this someday. :)

Spacecrafts:

I planned on 2 fighters, 1 frigate, 1 cruiser, 1 battery turret, 1 flak turret, 1 mining ship, 1 colonizing ship and a space station for building new ships. No ideas on enemy ships or style. I'm missing cruiser, flak turret and mining ship on the human side. I'm pretty slow with the 2d graphic stuff. I'm working on the AI mostly. Never though RTS unit AI would be this hard :)

Weapons:

Cannon: Simple yet very effective against big targets. Used in fighters.
Battery: Deadly against big targets. Used as salvo fire in battery turrets and in frigate.
Flak Gun: Planning to put this on the frigate and flak turrets as a treat to fighters
Missile: Not sure about this. I think putting missiles on cruizer and space station sounds nice.

Upgrades:

Last thing on my mind. The priority is to get things together first. :)

So, what do you think?

Offline Rainman

Looks pretty great, but I couldn't find a link to download it. I'm not going to lie though I miss seeing the BSG models in there.

Offline newman

Just a 2.5 month necro. Not even close to a record here..
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I think it qualifies as WIP/Release thread. IIRC, necroing doesn't apply to those, especially when it's author posting updates.

Offline Rainman

Not quite sure what necroing is, but if we're not supposed to post on old topics then my bad, i didn't know. I'm just hoping the author will reply. What are the rules on necroing?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Usually it's frowned upon in favour of making a new thread and simply linking to the old one. In this case it can be somewhat forgiven for the reasons Dragon mentioned.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Rainman

Got it, I'll keep it in mind from now on, thanks guys.

Offline newman

Not a big deal. Was just kidding :P

Offline ibanez

Lol, sorry for resurrecting this post again! But I have something to show you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtVV06TSq3g

It's the space game finally coming together. :) I thought I'd shared it with the diaspora team and fans since I'm one of the fans.
Just make sure to mute the sounds and enjoy it.