Author Topic: Help a newbie out  (Read 5135 times)

Offline Aether

Oh, ok.  :blah: I'll change it to Gunsight.

Sorry about all the blathering.
So say we all!

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Technically, the lead gunsight is called "pipper" (from PIP, Projected Impact Point) and the center crosshair is "gun cross", or just "crosshair".

Offline Aether

I'm using the official Diaspora specification for my Guide to limit any confusion.  ;)

It is interesting to know the real-world word for it though! :) *squints at "world word" for the fourth time  :wtf:*
So say we all!

OK, I promised you stats so here they are:
HP Pavilion Computer
AMD Phenom 9150e Quad-Core Processor
4 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 4550 Graphics Card (512 MB)

But that's probably irrelevant because it got a lot easier when I switched to Easy difficulty and learned to use Glide!

Thanks all!

Offline Al-Rik

They're really not. Both are used for targeting, but operate on different principles, which I explained above. If you try to treat a gunsight as a lead indicator all you'll hit is vacuum. So it's kind of a big mistake to make :)
I can confirm that ;)

It's a change from the Standard Freespace Gameplay, but it works IMHO better.

Anyway, a picture would be helpful ? :D

6 is the Flight Path indicator: The direction you Viper/Raptor is actually flying. Should never be over a Big Ship or an Asteroid, except you want to ram it ;)
8 is the Gun Sight:  Place it over the Target.

It a detail from the "Diaspora\Data\Info\HUD reference chart.pdf"

6 is the Flight Path indicator: The direction you Viper/Raptor is actually flying. Should never be over a Big Ship or an Asteroid, except you want to ram it ;)

or maybe u can use glide mode effectively :P