Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3033185 times)

Re: W-H-I-Y-L It's over 1000!!!!! (pages)
Hyperspace radish?

More or less. It's a carrot that has fruit weapons. As funny as it sounds, in the game where it originates from, it can destroy an entire star sector with them.

the best ship in the galaxy to take on the evils of Microsponge
Pretty sure it was Microsol, and the game is Tyrian.  Man, I had so much fun finding all the easter eggs in that game.  Still not sure I found them all.  I occasionally still play it on a DOS emulator.

In other news, baby boy started throwing up this morning.  That was a great way to start the day.  Currently at work and waiting for the coffee to cool down enough to begin ingesting.  Seriously need to get to work on that caffeine IV drip I was designing.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Hyperspace radish?

More or less. It's a carrot that has fruit weapons. As funny as it sounds, in the game where it originates from, it can destroy an entire star sector with them.

the best ship in the galaxy to take on the evils of Microsponge
Pretty sure it was Microsol, and the game is Tyrian.  Man, I had so much fun finding all the easter eggs in that game.  Still not sure I found them all.  I occasionally still play it on a DOS emulator.

Yes Microsol, now trying to remember which game had Microsponge for the badguy company

In other news, baby boy started throwing up this morning.  That was a great way to start the day.
Nice, glad my little girl is now past that stage.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Published my first working FSO code mod.   :nod:
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
another night up WAY past when i should be.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
another night up WAY past when i should be.

Every night. :yes:
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Switched out the Blu-Ray player software on my computer. BD drive came with some program called Cyberlink PowerDVD which, after it randomly decided that my Blu-Rays are "not a supported format" when two weeks ago it worked fine, I have concluded is a POS and deleted. This is not the first time it's had issues with my blu-rays and I am simply DONE playing games with it.

What is it with the standard-issue software always having the suckiest quality? It's like the ideas of quality control and reliability testing are utterly alien to their programmers.

Switched to their competitor, Arc Soft, which has much more favorable reviews from what I've seen. Hell, all of PowerDVD's positive reviews look like they're coming from plants. And it's their competitor so it's an extra kick in the nuts to Cyberlink.

Yes, I am petty. Sometimes. :drevil:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
What is it with the standard-issue software always having the suckiest quality?

Low bid. Come now, surely you realized this?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
First night of my parents being out on a road trip.

I should sleep.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I'm enjoying that feeling of not being able to get the girl I actually like. I have a feeling I may have spaghetti'd somehow. Compounding this is the fact that my GPA is ****ed. :( I need some beer.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I'm enjoying that feeling of not being able to get the girl I actually like. I have a feeling I may have spaghetti'd somehow. Compounding this is the fact that my GPA is ****ed. :( I need some beer.

Screw beer, drink scotch
"No"

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
In what way do you want to get her? If you're in <3 with her... Focus on becoming agood friend first and try to ingratiate yourself into her inner circle. ( A long process, but fulfilling as often you'll find that you either get on really really well, or you find something out which puts you off her and you save yourself heartache)

If you want to get physical more than anything else, forget winnin'g the purely personality war and appeal to her primal sense. I dont mean hit the gym eight hours adday or anything extreme. Just without being to condescending, make her feel like a lady while highlighting your more masculine facets. Flirting should stay just on the safe side of lewd.  ohhhh I wish I had the patience to write a flowchart sometimes.....
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
It's the former and I'm just doing my usual **** but I dunno...it's different because she's legitimately out of my league. I've only ever gone for girls that my radar reads as firmly IN my league and that gives me a bit of a starting point for confidence, but here the girl's actually super cute and smart and holds similar political opinions. I'll see if I can be mates with her and where that'll go.

As far as the physical thing goes, I'm kind of bored of it TBH. But that's because I have a few girls that I can get physical with and because they're just *there*, it takes the fun out of it. Plus, I'd actually really like a proper 'girlyfrand'.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Blargs. There are so many girls I had a crush on in high school, I wish I could have been "friend-zoned", but nooooo.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Funny you say that, I was having a think tonight at how many chicks flirted with me during junior high that I just never picked up on at the time. Some of whom I still find pretty cute. ;)

But on the note of the friendzone, does anyone else have a particular dislike for the term as it's commonly used? I always read it as having some implication that the girl was doing you some kind of malicious disservice by only wanting to be friends, but really, if she doesn't like you, she doesn't like you, and she's definitely allowed to do that.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The friendzone is a myth invented by misogynistic Redditors and PUA.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
But on the note of the friendzone, does anyone else have a particular dislike for the term as it's commonly used? I always read it as having some implication that the girl was doing you some kind of malicious disservice by only wanting to be friends, but really, if she doesn't like you, she doesn't like you, and she's definitely allowed to do that.

I have no objection to that term as long as you allow me to use the similar but less common terms `bitterhatredzoned' and `wtfrudoinzoned'.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Honestly, I'm not sure how one is supposed to wind up in a long-term relationship without having some degree of friendship at first.  If you want to be close with someone, getting to know them and interacting with them on a regular basis seems like the best way to go about it.

Granted, maybe that explains my complete lack of relationships. :p

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Honestly, I'm not sure how one is supposed to wind up in a long-term relationship without having some degree of friendship at first.  If you want to be close with someone, getting to know them and interacting with them on a regular basis seems like the best way to go about it.

This
All the way
"No"

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.

Indeed, you don't launch from 'hey' to 'girlfrand' in 2.5 seconds. But a bit of flirting doesn't go astray, otherwise you may not register on her radar as someone with potential for her. Admittedly, if you like her, and she likes you, in my experience things will usually somehow end up at a relationship from there.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers

Indeed, you don't launch from 'hey' to 'girlfrand' in 2.5 seconds. But a bit of flirting doesn't go astray, otherwise you may not register on her radar as someone with potential for her. Admittedly, if you like her, and she likes you, in my experience things will usually somehow end up at a relationship from there.

unless you're <---- this guy. 

you can not assign it the term if you want, but the "friend zone," being the condition where one or both parties shy away from a relationship for fear of maybe damaging a long-standing friendship, DOES exist.  and ironically enough (in my sample size of one), this is more damaging than a failed relationship would be.  unless it REALLY crashed and burned somehow. 

what i'm saying is, in hindsight, the best plan IMO is to sack up and tell her soon-ish after becoming friends.  don't have to act on it right away, but it needs to be clear you're interested.  if you think it's unpleasant now, you DON'T want to be me in 5 years. 

goddamnit now i'm in for a depressing night of dwelling on mistakes and wishful thinking. 
I like to stare at the sun.