Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3032859 times)

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
Re: W-H-I-Y-L It's over 1000!!!!! (pages)
I told NCIX they can **** themselves and instead ordered a single Agility 4 512GB from Newegg. Approximately the same price and, in my past experiences, zero problems with payment or shipping. Plus, they don't want an extra fee if a package is lost or damage. NCIX, on the other hand, says it'd be my problem.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
yay i figured out how to get engine overheat effects in my ksp mods. two more engines left to texture and import and i can release the parts. i just wish i didnt loose the source textures for the 19 engine coupler. il have to redo those if i want normal maps (i really need to get out of the habit of drawing lighting effects on my textures).
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 03:30:37 am by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
yay i figured out how to get engine overheat effects in my ksp mods. two more engines left to texture and import and i can release the parts. i just wish i didnt loose the source textures for the 19 engine coupler. il have to redo those if i want normal maps (i really need to get out of the habit of drawing lighting effects on my textures).

But drawing the lighting effects accentuate the normal lighting!
"No"

Offline Luis Dias

Found out Pizzicato Five. It's so joyful and wonderful.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me

But drawing the lighting effects accentuate the normal lighting!

yes but i kinda been substituting shadows and highlights for a uniform color (usually darker, though sometimes il use noise or changes in hue or saturation instead), and then bake the height information into the normal map so as to get it to look about the same as if the lighting had been applied in 2d, but it responds to the location of the actual lighting. and frankly ive been putting off those engine textures for awhile. but today i got the fixed engine and the mpd thruster. just got the gimballed engine and from the look of the uv map its gonna suck. lots of little isolated areas that i have no idea how fit together. i textured it as if i was gonna bake the normal map from a hi-poly mesh, but i dont think i have the patience for that.

i also need to make normal and emission maps for the mpd thruster tomorrow, but those are easy with the way i do textures in layers. just copy the layer group, and tweak layer systematically. its really not hard to generate height data from a bunch of existing layers and generate normal maps from that. i just kill all the styles till i got a flat shade, add a little noise or texture additively (if patterns can double as height maps i use those), then i can use the inner glow effect with 2d contour curves to sculpt height data into the surfaces. its super effective. emission is even easier as you can just use a gradient multiplied by the layer. fun part with those is you have to keyframe edit the heatup animation, where the keyframes represent the rgb values. you can do cool stuff like make the engine slowly change to a dim red at the overheat threashold, and then pass through yellow to white hot as you aproach the boom point.

ksp is fun to mod. you dont have as many map channels to deal with, you are making parts as opposed to entire ships, so it easy to make 3 or 4 parts a day with textures.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 07:29:18 am by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
I am really hating my oils with a passion. Liquin still gives me the jitters about using it, plus side is it dries much much faster than linseed oil.

Well, I just keep my normal ranting of oil based hate to minimum, but color tables and color mixing is a *****, as building color progressions from light to dark with pigments is an exercise in patience and palette knife-fu.

On more entertaining news, I got myself a light-weight bamboo tablet in place of my behemoth called a Cintiq. Digital painting now sucks, much, much less. And even has ONE, not six, chords. So it means I can finally complete some sorely need Wings of Dawn fanart that I've started, but never brought to finish due to technical problems.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Toying with the idea of a Gladiator campaign for FringeSpace in my offtime. I've got a setting for the events to take place, now I just need to figure out a good story arc for the protagonist and hidden antagonists.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'm reasonably sure our newest hire is actually Selina Kyle in disguise.

Animated Selina Kyle, not the modern one.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
A drunken Dekker has appeared!
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me

nuke uses hawt babe, its super effective.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!

nuke uses hawt babe, its super effective.

How did nuke learn hawt babe, that's not one of his standard attacks!
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I'm feeling my somewhat recent successful man-whoreslagginess lifestyle starting to get to me.. My boom boom sexytimes count has gone orbital. But my free time, ( not played PS3 or FS2 in weeks) has gone subterranean. I find myself on two hour train journeys between girls houses filled with pride and shame... Mostly pride... But still, time's the one thing you never ever get back.

I should get a PS Vita :/
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I'm feeling my somewhat recent successful man-whoreslagginess lifestyle starting to get to me.. My boom boom sexytimes count has gone orbital. But my free time, ( not played PS3 or FS2 in weeks) has gone subterranean. I find myself on two hour train journeys between girls houses filled with pride and shame... Mostly pride... But still, time's the one thing you never ever get back.

I should get a PS Vita :/

Time is indeed never something you get back
So is time thinking about the time you lost in place of sexytimes

So stop wasting time thinking and do all of them at once, then play some games.
"No"

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i spent years boning other people's wives. i do not feel like that time was wasted.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Today, I have experienced first hand why one should have the room well ventilated and wear gloves whilst cleaning with bleach. When I take a breath it hurts a little, and my hands and arms feel like they're burning.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

The Force shall free me.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Some of the less unhelpful people on the #gamedev IRC channel convinced me that I should store entire Dood's skeletons as one entity in the spatial partitioning thing, instead of storing each bone's rigid body separately. But that is not a trivial change. And it doesn't affect the biggest chunk of time-spendage, the "SolveConstraintGraph" function. :blah:

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i released all my ksp parts.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Just watched Scott Pilgrim Vs The World. Enjoyed it. Now want to play the game but refuse to spend any money on anything to do with XBOX Live.

The Force shall free me.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
While you were watching that.. Well, let's just say a 32 year old Essex "girl" I've known since last January has rekindled my faith in my lifestyle. :yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png