Author Topic: 03_05_2004 build  (Read 14816 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 01:58:09 pm by 561 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Nothing new.  We're just fixing bugs.  Hopefully this will have less bugs and more stability.

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Originally posted by Goober5000
Nothing new.  We're just fixing bugs.  Hopefully this will have less bugs and more stability.

Not even env maps? :/
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Originally posted by Singh

I think env maps will be officially included AFTER 3.6, or am i wrong?

nope, Bob broke the code freeze with them, so they're not going in till after 3.6
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Singh

The whole point of the code freeze is to remove bugs. Bob's build while great introduced new ones. If start including new things we'll never get a stable build.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

btw, goob, would it be usefull if somebody made daily builds of the SCP source?
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Bobboau went against orders by releasing environment maps.  I should have closed the thread when it first appeared, but that's water under the bridge.

Daily builds wouldn't really be useful, as the coders don't work on a daily basis.  When we reach an important stage, we'll post something.

ok.

i think i just figured out how to build stuff with VS6, and i got anonymous CVS working, so.....

one question though, where does the exe file you build pop up?

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Wonderful, thanks guys. :) *downloads*
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I can only hope it won't quit right in the middle of a mission.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

uhm, Goob, check Mantis, at least 2 crash bugs got introduced. for once, i can't even load the release exe, and the debug won't let me get to ship selection.

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
1 bug i just think i found, not sure if its a bug tho. custom made beam weapons wont lock onto a target that is farther than 3 kilometers away for some strange reason. this is despite the range being set as much as 9 or 15 kilometers in some cases - the ship doesnt fire till it is 3 kilometers from target. It seemed to work fine in the env build, but then when i switched to the latest builds (26th feb one and this one) it reappears....

I'll check the env build again.

Singh: http://mgo.maxgaming.net/mantis/main_page.php

put it into Mantis, that way the Beta Corps will check it, and the Devs can fix it more easily. You might want to post a copy of an example tbl entry too.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Have you tried the debug build which checks if the table entries are correct?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
tried teh debug build and got this:

Assert: !(weaponp->wi_flags & WIF_FLAK) && !(weaponp->wi_flags & WIF_SWARM)
File: E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Weapon\Weapons.cpp
Line: 950

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    parse_weapon()    parse_weaponstbl()    weapon_init()    game_init()    WinMainSub()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    KERNEL32.dll 7c5987e7()
------------------------------------------------------------------

can you ignore that one and see if you get any other errors?

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
i got another debug error after that.

this time it gives the file name and directory, followed by the words:

DAMAGE: after normal block (#91) at 0x06DD2550.

and 3 options: abort, retry and ignore.