Author Topic: 20050728 build  (Read 25053 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Latest CVS, except that I hacked in a fix for the fighterbay bug.  I'm still trying to find the underlying cause.
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/20050728-Goober5000.rar

I've heard that the bug where videos play real small in the corner is caused by the latest version of the DivX codec.  If you get this problem, uninstall it and install a previous version, and see if that fixes it.

Why is everyone using this build all of a sudden? It's really old. Get yourself a build from the CVS builds thread or get the official 3.6.7 instead - Karajorma 11/12/05
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 02:25:33 am by karajorma »

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
FYI: Gratuitous Sathanas appearance
This is the first build with
  • Second attempt at making turrets not stick straight up. So if your turrets seem to be behaving oddly, boot up the 7/22 build and see if they work any better. If it doesn't work this time, I need to take the code out; you should be able to set the initial position of turrets with Bobb's animation system anyway, that will even let you choose which direction the turret points, although it looks like it might use the same method as I did.
  • Multiple shockwavez and 3D shockwaves with working glowmaps
  • Fixed camera SEXPs
  • Fixed description for show-subtitle
  • $Shockwave_model: is now $Shockwave model:
-C

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Okay this one gets a big :wtf: from me.

I've finally tracked down the cause of the bug I was getting with mv_music. It is being cause by mv_textures. A VP with no table files and no music files in it :wtf: If it's present the mission will crash out on load if it uses any .ogg tunes. When removed they work again.

I'm going to try recompiling it to see if I can get it to work. It may just be that there are too many files in there or something.

Apart from that the only bug I can detect at the moment is that whenever I enter the flight simulator or try to exit the game the background turns 0,255,0 green. In the simulator it's just a flash while it reads in the list of missions but on exit it stays that colour until you choose to quit or cancel.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
It gets stranger. mv_textures itself isn't the cause of the crash. The textures inside are. Namely the dds ones. I extracted all the textures and put the PCX files in the path (in Freespace2\media_VPs\Data\Maps to be precise) and then ran the game, worked fine. I move a .dds file to the same folder and it crashes. Take it back out runs fine. Put it back. Crash.

Oddly enough though if I leave it in and disable mv_music the game loads again. No idea how a combination of .dds and .ogg files could be causing a crash but it appears to be doing so. :wtf:

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Originally posted by karajorma
Apart from that the only bug I can detect at the moment is that whenever I enter the flight simulator or try to exit the game the background turns 0,255,0 green. In the simulator it's just a flash while it reads in the list of missions but on exit it stays that colour until you choose to quit or cancel.

Is this with D3D or OGL?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by WMCoolmon
:lol: :)

Offline redmenace

• Second attempt at making turrets not stick straight up. So if your turrets seem to be behaving oddly, boot up the 7/22 build and see if they work any better. If it doesn't work this time, I need to take the code out; you should be able to set the initial position of turrets with Bobb's animation system anyway, that will even let you choose which direction the turret points, although it looks like it might use the same method as I did.
[/B]

No its not.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Which part are you saying no to? :p

It's not really supposed to work in the techroom...it's not so big a deal there, I'd have to make more code changes to have it working there. Considering how long it took last time for anyone to notice, I don't want to change more than necessary to make sure the problem doesn't exist. :doubt:
-C

Offline Fenrir

• ?
The turret code seems to be working for me, as the latest Orion I saw had the big guns facing forward.

Except for the one on the bottom, which was facing the opposite direction. I figure this is because it's upside-down with respect to the other turrets....

Offline redmenace

ok np
I just remember it working their as well.

Is anyone working on the one pixel off set for buttons?
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Originally posted by redmenace
Is anyone working on the one pixel off set for buttons?

I'm going to fix it when time allows.  I pretty much have zero time for SCP right now though and this one doesn't even rate on the priority list at the moment.

Offline redmenace

ok NP!

in regaurds to that TBP bug , did you ever get a chance to look at that?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 02:34:05 am by 887 »
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by taylor

Is this with D3D or OGL?

Sorry. OGL. And it's vanished now that I've put mv_textures back in place. I have no idea why.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
[/B]

Yup it works, it works too good actually. The turrets point forward/backwards, but the barrel gets locked in the starting plane. The turret base rotates correctly, while the barrel can't track up/down.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Originally posted by redmenace
in regaurds to that TBP bug , did you ever get a chance to look at that?

Yep, forgot about that.  Basically it's a TBP problem but we probably need a code check on it too to avoid this.  Type D (or 3 in the tbl) beams will fire the specified number of "+Shots:" at fighters.  It always needs to fire at least once though it it doesn't process properly.  It's set to 0 in the tbl for "WS Neutron Beam" and for "Shadow Slicer AAA" with the White Star beam being the problem here.  Setting it to at least 1 shot fixes the problem.

Other than the TBP weapons.tbl being fixed, we just need to add a check in the weapons.tbl parsing code to deal with this situation automatically.  I forgot to commit this but I'll go ahead and do it now before you have to remind me again. :)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Hmh, thanks for mentioning that. :)
*adds this to list of bugs to be fixed*

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Originally posted by Col. Fishguts

Yup it works, it works too good actually. The turrets point forward/backwards, but the barrel gets locked in the starting plane. The turret base rotates correctly, while the barrel can't track up/down.

Got the same problem here.

"My barrels can't get up!" :D
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
The shockwaves work correct with this build?

Great! Great! I'm testing some stuff now. ;)
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline redmenace

Bob, what about the other TBP crash with open gl?
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Fighterbay departures working correctly now.  Thanks Goob. :)
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!