Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 918197 times)

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
I've no idea how they got into almost capturing that Comet Breaker, but if I were them, I'd remove that fuse that detonates it 650 meters. Nuclear rockets detonating in the atmopshere isn't good either...EMP and all that. Like Black Wolf, I wished that FS1 techroom stuff wasn't canon, but...it's set in stone.

Offline Darius

Also kind of a hassle using FS2 weapons in atmospheric battles and having to have it behave differently.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Well, even if they behave differently, there won't be much of a difference unless the objects are torpedoes, right?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline -Norbert-

Gravity and aerodynamic restistance in case of any missile and projectile. Physical reactions and more heat loss for plasma weapons. Possible refraction by higher particle density for lasers. And probably a lot more I don't know about.

Also shockwaves propagate better in the atmosphere, making them much more of a threat.

So yes, atmosphere is going to have a pretty big impact on almost (if not every) aspect of a battle.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
You guys are supposing that planets won't have planetary defense of any sort. There will also be the mandatory fighters that even backwater planets will probably have.

Edit: Ah whatever... I'm speculating as well. :p

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
I think it can be inferred that fifth generation air superiority fighters like the F-22 Raptor and the PAK-FA will triumph against the fighters of today (23xx). Seriously though, I think that any military will make sure to have a terrestrial arm, like aircraft carriers and fighter jets. I'm willing to bet UEF fighters, however atmospheric flight-capable they are, cannot compete against a true fighter jet deployed by the UEF Air Force.

...that is, if it even exists.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I've no idea how they got into almost capturing that Comet Breaker, but if I were them, I'd remove that fuse that detonates it 650 meters. Nuclear rockets detonating in the atmopshere isn't good either...EMP and all that. Like Black Wolf, I wished that FS1 techroom stuff wasn't canon, but...it's set in stone.
It's not just FS1 that has a couple bad eggs like that, you know. FS2 has plenty more (which are probably worse) such as Argon only being in Sol aside from the nebula or that godawfully unlikely material the Deimos is made out of. :p
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Axem

It's not just FS1 that has a couple bad eggs like that, you know. FS2 has plenty more (which are probably worse) such as Argon only being in Sol aside from the nebula or that godawfully unlikely material the Deimos is made out of. :p
:rolleyes:

Offline Qent

Isn't bloom a setting in the launcher?

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Enable Post Processing, yes.

Offline Qent

So Destiny should just add the options -post_process and -bloom_intensity <something bigger than 75>?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Uh, the red flash is NOT a post-processing effect. It's an effect like any other explosion or shockwave effect, having post processing enabled or not doesn't make a difference whether it appears or not.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
So Destiny should just add the options -post_process and -bloom_intensity <something bigger than 75>?
The Post Processing bit isn't needed on the custom flags tab anymore, it's on the graphics settings.
But also what Fury said.

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Hmm...well, personally I don't think it matters too much anymore. Enjoy what already comes out of the factory.

Offline Qent

Now that you got what you asked for you don't care anymore? :(

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Act 3 beta FREDding should be done as soon as AXEM

(we're just waiting on his m21, more or less)

M21? Just how many missions is this bad boy gonna be packing? Did Axem just start working with WiH from R2? I can't imagine how awesome R2 is gonna be with Vassago's Dirge talent on hand. :)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Well the numbering picks up where R1 left off, so the first mission of Act 3 is m17. But missions aren't always developed in linear order.

I am free to disclose that Act 3 contains eight missions, one of which is a special sort which you will visit repeatedly.

Offline Darius

Battuta means mission 22. Act 3 sort of...expanded a bit from what was originally planned.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
**** you're right, m22.

The total count should still be correct though.

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Now that you got what you asked for you don't care anymore? :(
I'm afraid of messing with settings I'm not familiar with, hahaha.

This is how the story goes: One day, I was playing with FRED. I didn't really know what the special EXP stuff meant, so I set it to 25k each. So somehow I blew up a Colossus while I was sitting 10klicks away. So I watched, a blue light. Slowly expanding. It...got closer. I was wondering where it was going. A few seconds later, it got larger. And suddenly, WHAM! I was sent flying at 200m/s before exploding.

Destiny was killed by a shockwave of the GTVA Colossus

Quick Start Mission
Quit or something
Return to briefing
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 09:25:21 am by Destiny »