Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 918191 times)

Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
Whenever I speak to Al Da'wa in the dreamscape, I feel like I'm talking to a vortigaunt from Half-Life 2...

I'm having problems in the second mission after I hack the gun, how do I fire it? it just counts back down to 0 and I lose control. What am I missing?

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Laporte should stay adequate.

As an aside, you a$$h01es own me a good night's sleep, I was not expecting the acid trip when I played the finale yesterday... at night, full stomach, with headphones and almost asleep.
 The overall mission elcor/eldritch factor let me sleep for a total of one hour yesterday :blah:
  Head aches aside, nice job, not too many games keep me awake at night.

Now if only I had something for this strange pain in the back of my left eye...

I'm having problems in the second mission after I hack the gun, how do I fire it? it just counts back down to 0 and I lose control. What am I missing?

command menu, tell it to attack your target.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)

It is now a ship you can control via the ordinary commanding interface, as if it were a wingman. Target the Target and order it to fire.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
I wonder if we ever get to fly alongside the Fedayeen again...The relationship between wingmates was so short...some part of me wanted more of them.
I really hope so, I found myself getting quite attached to them, especially Thorn.

Same here, It would be awesome even if we get to atleast run joint ops with the Fedayeen in future acts
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

This is our fault and we are bad for not teaching it better.

Offline Crybertrance

This is our fault and we are bad for not teaching it better.

Hmm, It could be an easy fix? Training message for a few seconds (like about calling in 3 Fleet air assets in HFH)?
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command

Offline Axem

I think the problem stems from the directives gauge sometimes cutting off the hint "Use Comms Menu" if you're using fullscreen res or FreeSpace decides its not going to show it. I will make sure there is a more clearer hint next patch. :)

Offline Luis Dias

It was also a pain in the ass until I figured out that I had to be "close" to the mjolnirs and not the target. But that's probably just my dumbish nature.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I think the problem stems from the directives gauge sometimes cutting off the hint "Use Comms Menu" if you're using fullscreen res or FreeSpace decides its not going to show it. I will make sure there is a more clearer hint next patch. :)

Oh if that hint was there then we're not dumb (YOU are awesome)

Laporte still has access to the dreamscape at the end of Act 3, right? So we can still get Fedayeen updates and intel stuff that a regular pilot wouldn't know through dreamscape interludes, in theory anyway.

then why was everyone all surprised when they found a mysterious asteroid and the iceni came out

They weren't surprised at all. You remember how freaking coy Command was during that mission?

Offline Crybertrance

Laporte still has access to the dreamscape at the end of Act 3, right? So we can still get Fedayeen updates and intel stuff that a regular pilot wouldn't know through dreamscape interludes, in theory anyway.

I don't think Laporte has access to Dreamscape anymore  :(. She'd need access/connection to the CASSANDRA matrix.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
My thoughts will echo most of what's already been said, so I won't repeat them, except to remark on the last mission a little. (MEGA SPOILERS)

Spoiler:
Hallucinations, mental instability and so forth are my deepest fear, and so this mission struck a personal chord with me. It had me on the edge of my seat throughout the entire thing, and I didn't link to one of the Shivan data packets for fear that Laporte would go insane. I'm going to have to play that mission again to see what I missed and what possibilities there are (I might even look behind me when Ken tells me not to, though if someone wants to tell me what I'll see in advance I won't complain!). It was a surreal experience, managing to answer (if only partially) many questions that have been around since the retail FS2 campaign. Though I of course feel no closer to understanding the full mystery of the Shivans, Vishnans and Brahmans, and now the Terminal Protocol, and this "first apocalypse" that was mentioned, I do feel like I have more information, and am content in that. It definitely evoked a feeling of being part of some much, much larger puzzle, when the retail campaigns didn't since I was young when I played them and so most of the implications went over my head.

But anyway, that was a wonderful acid trip and I commend you on all that has gone into it.

On a more general note, while playing each mission I remember marveling at what the events editor window must look like in FRED. So much complexity. Kudos!
Act 3 was superb, and though it does suffer from overload in some of the missions, I remember feeling satisfied once I finally managed to work things out and complete each one after a few tries.

Thanks to everyone involved, you've raised the bar again!
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline crizza

So, volume is down to be barely hearable, lights are on...after one trip to my toilette I'll start Universal Truth...wish me luck and if I don't post again: It was an honour  :lol:

Offline Crybertrance

So, volume is down to be barely hearable, lights are on...after one trip to my toilette I'll start Universal Truth...wish me luck and if I don't post again: It was an honour  :lol:

So, how was it?  :P

Offline crizza

Uh...still trying to escape...but Laporte is...well, something like rec0vert41! dunno...

Dear God Crybertrance, give him time to make sense of it!
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline crizza

So...
I survived, I didn't wet myself and I'll be able to sleep tonight, but after the outro antipodes crashed and the game too, but so be it.
I escaped the sequence with my mind intact, but then again I read several spoilers and so on.

Honestly, if you don't want to spoil yourself, don't read the tags, but geeze, I was half tempted to turn and I admit, when it was time to escape I felt...panicked and did not know how I should flee, but then again I thought about what was the reason of the mission, choose my exit point and here we go.

BP-Team, you created a truly magnificent mod, fun to play and it will even be more fun to replay it to find different approaches, and as always, I'll extract the missions, look at them in Fred and fuddle around.
Thank you for Tenebra
Spoiler:
= Netreba...will he be the big unknown, 'cause I guess Byrne will stay loyal?
I'm looking forward for future releases.
Out of passing curiosity, the Karuna Mk2 is included in the modpack?