Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 918355 times)

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
Spoiler:
...though if someone wants to tell me what I'll see in advance I won't complain!

Spoiler:
Madness... and then you'll have to cut your arms and legs off to complete the mission.

Offline crizza

WTF?
Finished the campaign, the game crashed after the ending cutscene and now I cannot even acces the mainhall?

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

The FREDding for Tenebra is insane. Even on my first time through each mission, I was in awe of just how intricate it must have been. Universal Truth is STILL an enigma to me...I mean, having each scene separated by something like 200+ kilometers, with two dozen juggernauts in the first scene alone making my computer cry? I still have no idea how it was all pulled off in *one* mission.
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
crizza: you've hit a red-alert pilot file issue, here's a thread with more details.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline crizza

What bugged me...
Is it the Toutatis or the...Eris(that's the name of Netrebas Solaris, wasn't it?) in the ending sequence?
Shouldn't the Toutatis be at Neptune and if not, where is the ship of Netreba?

And how old is Noemi?
Spoiler:
In act two in the section with the red and black ands, I think she was four and heard Ken...in Universal Truth he/they said, Noemi was created/shaped by them her entire life. So ist she 18 or maybe older? I can't believe that Bosch and his other crewmembers who became Ken joined the Shivans and the other day they are Ken...

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
What bugged me...
Is it the Toutatis or the...Eris(that's the name of Netrebas Solaris, wasn't it?) in the ending sequence?
Shouldn't the Toutatis be at Neptune and if not, where is the ship of Netreba?

The Toutatis is at Mars getting a refit I guess (the Mass Drivers are getting tacked on)
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
It is the Toutatis in the ending sequence. It was there being retrofitted with the big mass drivers you see. Keep in mind that Neptune is just a subspace jump away, ie seconds or minutes.

Eris could be anywhere else. There are many places to defend and I don't think 2nd Fleet HQ need two Solarises on station at all times.

EDIT: ninja'd
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline crizza

Damn shame, haven't read that.
Is that the reason why we have a Solaris#Toutatis and so on in Fred? I would look it up via F3 ingame, but that malloc thing prevents this.

Offline Crybertrance

Damn shame, haven't read that.
Is that the reason why we have a Solaris#Toutatis and so on in Fred? I would look it up via F3 ingame, but that malloc thing prevents this.

The Solaris#Toutatis is the regular Solaris with the added Mass Driver guns (both on the model, as well as in the tables).
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command

Offline crizza

I'm currently reading about the weapons of BP.
To make it short: I have read it on this board several time that the Tevs are better with beam weapons, but the Zods are the reactor experts.
Taken this for granted, how came this along?
During the second incursion, the Zod beams where discribed as outperforming their terran counterparts by a fair margin?
Or are the Tevs just better with beams, because we haven't seen any new Zod weapons?

Offline Aesaar

Zod beams outperform Terran beams because they weren't holding them back like the Terrans were.  The Terrans built their beams with backwards compatibility in mind, and made them weaker as a result.  Just compare the Orion with the Typhon.  The Orion mounts 6 beam cannons.  The Typhon has power grid issues mounting two. 

Same goes for cruisers.  Even moden Vasudan cruisers (Mentu) mount no capital-grade beam cannons.  The Aeolus happily carries two, and both the Great War cruisers mount one.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 11:27:35 am by Aesaar »

Offline crizza

So it is rediculous to think they will retrofit their ships any time in the future...a pity.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Why retrofit old ships when you can make new ones?
Which begs the question: the Tevs made all kinds of new ships and strategies to fight Shivans. The Zods didn't. Why?
Did the Threat Exigency Initiatives not apply to them?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Which begs the question: the Tevs made all kinds of new ships and strategies to fight Shivans. The Zods didn't. Why?

:headdesk:

Okay, I just have to ask, did you read any of the previous discussions about the Vasudans in BP? Because, as we've said again and again, as we mentioned in the supplementary fiction on the BP site, the Zods have a larger, on average more modern fleet than the Terrans.

The reason you haven't seen any of it yet is because you didn't have to see them. They have no part in the story so far, and so we'll keep not showing them until we've really nailed down what we want to give them.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline crizza

Can't wait to see that :)

Edit: How far ahead are the Vasudans in terms of Nagari? Knowing about and even contacting Noemi is...well, a feat for itself, although I think the Fedayeen(I guess I spelled this word wrong) let them in...but then again, that GEF Girl entered the dreamscape all by herself.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 04:04:11 pm by crizza »

:headdesk:

Okay, I just have to ask, did you read any of the previous discussions about the Vasudans in BP? Because, as we've said again and again, as we mentioned in the supplementary fiction on the BP site, the Zods have a larger, on average more modern fleet than the Terrans.

The reason you haven't seen any of it yet is because you didn't have to see them. They have no part in the story so far, and so we'll keep not showing them until we've really nailed down what we want to give them.

About the :headdesk: comment...

Not everyone here is a constant member of the BP community. It can be months, or even up to a year between releases. I'm not going to be pouring over BP background continuity two months from now. Sometimes it pays to be a little n00b friendly.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Maybe you should read everything in there and come back afterward.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Kolgena

Random tangent, not at all related:

I didn't realize that parts of WiH part 1 were remastered. I quite like the new Sunglare, and Luna City is gorgeous. Kudos to the team, again.

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
It is the Toutatis in the ending sequence. It was there being retrofitted with the big mass drivers you see.
Though I must say I can't see that these would have any tactical impact to speak about at this point. I know not to interpret too much into table files, the weaponry could easily change until the next release, but two Narayana Mass Drivers don't look very impressive to me, compared to the sheer amounts of ****load a Solaris can already release with standard armament.

Offline Crybertrance

It is the Toutatis in the ending sequence. It was there being retrofitted with the big mass drivers you see.
Though I must say I can't see that these would have any tactical impact to speak about at this point. I know not to interpret too much into table files, the weaponry could easily change until the next release, but two Narayana Mass Drivers don't look very impressive to me, compared to the sheer amounts of ****load a Solaris can already release with standard armament.

I think the Narayana MD's are just placeholders. I think we are going to see a MassDriver#Solaris in he next release...Those are going to make you wish you were never born!  ;7
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 09:12:31 am by Crybertrance »