Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 918335 times)

Offline Luis Dias

Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
the light is a tiny pinprick a little off center to the left.  i've never NOT been able to outrun it. i mean, it always kinda... pushes me the last little bit....

Funny, I was quickly outrunned. So quickly I thought it was obligatory. Clearly I am wrong.

Oh woah, anyone else notice that a real life Ainsarii exists?

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Lockheed+F-19&qpvt=Lockheed+F-19&FORM=IGRE

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
 Eh, that (Scrapped AFAIK) plane IS the inspiration for the model.

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Pretty futuristic looking for an 80s plane.

On the other hand, a lot of famous "futuristic planes" - the F-117, the B2, the SR-71, were designed before or during the 80s. 

Offline qwadtep

Well, you can't expect the modern futuristic planes to be declassified yet, can you?

Offline crizza

Oh woah, anyone else notice that a real life Ainsarii exists?

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Lockheed+F-19&qpvt=Lockheed+F-19&FORM=IGRE
Thats part of the have blue programm, which lead to the F-117.

Offline QuakeIV

• test
With respect to the great darkness, I replayed with the express intent of being caught.  I cut my engines etc and it just rammed me into place and I survived regardless.

Offline -Sara-

With respect to the great darkness, I replayed with the express intent of being caught.  I cut my engines etc and it just rammed me into place and I survived regardless.

You dared the Great Darkness to play 'chicken'?  :D Then you must already be more insane than the Great Darkness can ever make you.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
I did that at first as well. I was really disappointed, all the Great Darkness do is bump into and send you into Ken's pocket universe/nebula thingy. Nothing interesting happens.

I was expecting to die or whatever

Having just finished WiH:P3 (after loving all the previous ones too) I thought I should reactivate this old account to render praise! The whole BP saga is incredibly well-written and full of amazing missions.

Offline a_b_c

I was wondering: will we meet FS1's Alpha 1 in Chapters 4-5 or WIH3, if we haven't already?

This tidbit from the Dreamscape spurred my question:
"I heard. Needle right in the heart of the beast. Where'd you get the ice water transfusion to pull that off?"
"At least they didn't ask me to fly into the Atreus' fighterbay, right?"
"****, that takes me back. That memory's in the dreamscape somewhere if you ever want to go over it."

Could it be an offhand reference to Playing Judas?

Offline Apollo

• Free Market Fascist
I imagine FS Alpha 1 is probably an Elder, considering his wealth of knowledge and Nagari-sensitivity.
Current Project - Eos: The Coward's Blade. Coming Soon (hopefully.)

Offline qwadtep

As I recall Alpha 1 is supposed to have founded the Fedayeen.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
that was my impression also.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Isn't Alpha One the Indo-Polish guy Laporte meets at the shower? He is referred to as the Al-Da'wa.

Offline -Norbert-

While I agree that Alpha 1 is most likely one of them, I don't think there is any single "the Al-Da'wa".
My best guess would be that they are probably a "Ken light". A group of people acting as a single entity.

I wonder if the Al-Da'was are mentally linked somehow (like a subpartition of the Nagari network only they can access), or just cooperating in the usual human fashion.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Ummm

I think it was pretty clearly stated that Al-Da'wa is neither a single person, nor a group of persons. "He's" a gestalt entity, something that was born from all the combined mind states of all Fedayeen. Al-Da'wa is able to take over certain people and use their bodies for a time.

Alpha One, if he is still alive, is rapidly approaching 80. While medicine has made it so that that age does not preclude being more active than today (Calder being a prime example of this), I can state with certainty that Alpha One has so far not made an on-screen appearance.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Apollo

• Free Market Fascist
Considering that McDuff was nearly 150, I doubt Alpha 1 has aged any more than someone in their 40s or 50s (by our standards).

Do you think he will make an appearance?
Current Project - Eos: The Coward's Blade. Coming Soon (hopefully.)

MacDuff was also old and dying and with what little power he had left over the various Gef cells slipping through his fingers.  Slinging Kostadin Cell's asteroid into Earth was him knocking over the chess table because old age was about to checkmate him.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems