Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 918359 times)

Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
On the other hand, it sounds funny as hell :P

Offline -Norbert-

Speaking of funny as Hell, I just played "High Noon" and after the Sath was dead, I tagged one of the remaining Maras.... and the Colossus splashed it with a BGreen.^^

Almost smoked me along with the enemy, but I somehow survived, despite being tumbled around like a ping-pong ball.  :lol:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 08:18:01 am by -Norbert- »

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Depending on the difficulty you were playing in, the player receives some degree of damage protection from friendly beams.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Awesome release guys but did you have to release it this close to Fallout 4???  :D

Currently early in playing through War in Heaven act 1 and just want to let you know about a few possible problems that I have had so far.

It seems the GTCv Chimera is missing from the techroom entries, well at least is it for me.

In the mission "For the wrong reasons" bp2-05.fs2 the Nairobi Wind with the EOD team is it supposed to dock with the Nauticus becasue I've played it twice and both times it has just orbited around the Nauticus with a consistent 28 second dock timer. Not sure if its related but the UEFR Demeter and the UEC-DEM in the tech room and also targeting window in the mission are very zoomed in.

Offline -Norbert-

I just finished the mission where the Iceni is destroyed in FreeSpace Blue and I have to say that Maxim+Circe is quite the effective combo with the rebalance of weapons you did.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Yeah, Maxim+Circe is on par with Kaysers now.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Hey, people who see everything as way too dark — does that get better if you turn deferred lighting off? Does it get better if you disable -no_emissive_light?

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Hey, people who see everything as way too dark — does that get better if you turn deferred lighting off? Does it get better if you disable -no_emissive_light?

Neither of those made a visible difference to my old eyes.  Bumping ambient factor to 140 helped a bunch, though!
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Well, i'm going to play it... soon :P
However, i watched Sunglare few times, checking out the new music. I think #4 is the best  :nod:

But... Is there going to be a BP PBR build? Since i started using it Freespace doesn't look cool without it :(

And from now i feel a strong need to upgrade my rig, HD5770 is not enough from now on. Never thought that a game produced almost 15 years ago might be so demanding. But it's totally worth it!
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
No PBR builds, I'm afraid. I learned my lesson with special BP builds the last time we did a big release, and we won't be doing that again.

That said, while the current PBR builds aren't really compatible with BP, the next ones will certainly be.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Is the first dreamscape in WiH Act 3 bugged for anyone else? I try to link up with any of the objects and nothing happens. Not sure if this is working as intended, it's been a while since I've played Act 3.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
That sounds bugged! Does the error go away if you restart the game?

That sounds bugged! Does the error go away if you restart the game?

That seems to have fixed it! I will note that I went from playing Act 1-2 and then change campaigns to Act 3, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Another potential bug I may be running into - I do not have any message dialogs coming in after the first message in "Everything is Permitted" - even after I scan Artemis Station's communication subsystem. Am I doing something wrong perhaps?

EDIT: I got lucky in scanning the various transports and was able to identify the target transport and blow it up with a hacked Mjolnir. Still, I didn't have any dialogue boxes to go off of so the mission was broken for me unless I was missing something really obvious that enabled me to spy upon the radio traffic.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 03:59:46 pm by Syntax Error »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I think either these recent builds or a memory problem is causing messages to break. Or the LUA is ****ing up. Try restarting mission.

So, a bug in Act 3's Universal Truth. When you are told to Run...

Spoiler:
The Great Darkness either doesn't spawn in, or does and is invisible (missing textures etc), or can't be seen with the baseline recommended lighting settings and an ambient factor of 120 and no deferred lighting.

It really takes a lot of the impact out. Build is: SSE 20151103_0ea25e.

Command line: -mod
bpcomplete,mediavps_2014 -nomotiondebris -missile_lighting -3dshockwave -post_process -soft_particles -fxaa
-nolightshafts -fb_explosions -no_deferred -disable_shadows -snd_preload -ambient_factor 120 -spec_exp 11
-spec_point 0.6 -spec_static 0.8 -spec_tube 0.4 -ogl_spec 60

Offline Doko

So, a bug in Act 3's Universal Truth. When you are told to Run...

Spoiler:
The Great Darkness either doesn't spawn in, or does and is invisible (missing textures etc), or can't be seen with the baseline recommended lighting settings and an ambient factor of 120 and no deferred lighting.

It really takes a lot of the impact out. Build is: SSE 20151103_0ea25e.

Command line: -mod
bpcomplete,mediavps_2014 -nomotiondebris -missile_lighting -3dshockwave -post_process -soft_particles -fxaa
-nolightshafts -fb_explosions -no_deferred -disable_shadows -snd_preload -ambient_factor 120 -spec_exp 11
-spec_point 0.6 -spec_static 0.8 -spec_tube 0.4 -ogl_spec 60

Had the same issue.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
What the **** is going on with lighting? Is this build broke somehow?

Offline danilm

I'm really excited to check out the new release, but when I launch the game from wxLauncher the game fails to load and I get this dumped to the clipboard:

game_settings.tbl(line 13):
Error: Missing required token: [#END]. Found [$Shield Pain Flash Factor: -1] instead.

ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 67 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_SSE.exe! <no symbol>
fs2_open_3_7_2_SSE.exe! <no symbol>

I just installed / updated everything using the FSO Installer half an hour ago. Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Thanks!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
You skipped the step about downloading and selecting a new build!